Pet Wall @ Murrin

Distel32

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look in the guidebook young one.

a lot of routes are actually long. you will want to look into Rocket 12d 18m, Animal Instinct 13a 16m, Caress of Steel 13b 10m, Alistairs Route 12d 15m, Youth Gone Wild 12b 12m;

Not to mention Hand Over Fist 12b 10m at the Lakeside-In-the-Woods

And while at Murrin check out Wabbit Handcuffs 12c 7m "a very bouldery crux" hah!

Betazoid 12b 10m is also a boulder problemish thing as its easier version Beat The Clock 11d 10m. Why even I have dogged my way to glory on Beat the clock and I can say with honesty the crux is a bitch! madgo_ron.gif

look in the guidebook young one.

a lot of routes are actually long. you will want to look into Rocket 12d 18m, Animal Instinct 13a 16m, Caress of Steel 13b 10m, Alistairs Route 12d 15m, Youth Gone Wild 12b 12m;

Not to mention Hand Over Fist 12b 10m at the Lakeside-In-the-Woods

And while at Murrin check out Wabbit Handcuffs 12c 7m "a very bouldery crux" hah!

Betazoid 12b 10m is also a boulder problemish thing as its easier version Beat The Clock 11d 10m. Why even I have dogged my way to glory on Beat the clock and I can say with honesty the crux is a bitch! madgo_ron.gif

I want to do all of them. It might be raining wed. anybody want to go in the afternoon??? I can leave bham by 12.

yeah I don't have the guidebook

damnit so who's down!? gotta climb gotaa climb I'm getting antsy here folks.....crimps, aahhhhh, pull down and send.

give a man a rope and all of a sudden he thinks he's a sport climber hahaha.gif

forecast for wednesday is for Thunderstorms. cry.gif

hey...Get a guide book, the wall is very easy to orient yerself to w/ one. Have you ever used one before? evils3d.gifyellaf.gif

Rocket is waaaay good...very flashable...just missed it...

Animal is good also, and there is a recent bolt added to the top to cut down the "scary" factor.

You must do Air BC and NoName road...good mid 11's and Burning Down the Couch is one of my favorite 11+'s just about anywhere. An extra tcu or two for the top is nice for comfort but not necessary...

Blackwater (i think that's its name) is a stupendous .12a...very very good...

also, the shorter routes are kinda dumb thumbs_down.gif when there are 3 star 25m to 35m routes just a hundred yards down the hill...

duuuude 25 to 35 m is like a highball on top of a highbal on top of a highball... poor boulder boys forearms might explode if he had to hold on that long!

pet wall gets wet in the rain, well except for right under flight of the challenger hahaha.gif

if its raining you want to be on something like youngblood (13b 10m) or bravado (13d 10m) at the kakodemon boulder rather than at pet wall.

i would guess the big show is also toolong for distel no to mention you have to climb a slab shocked.gifshocked.gif to get to it!!!

Ben was not free-soloing in that video. There are shots of him placing gear and shots of Vince belaying him.

perhaps there is another video of someone free-soloing FoTC but it is not Ben's memorial video.