Darrington Rope-up anyone???

rodeo

Hey all,

I've heard the whispers and the rumors, and now I want to find out who all would like to get together in D-town for a "late spring/early summer" rope-up near some excellent granite climbing. There is a decent amount of area just up the road from the Three-o'clock rock area for camping/parking.

Who all would be interested in getting together to climb all day and then tip back a few cold ones and tell highly inflated tales of all the sick moves they made that day? Maybe even do some trail maintenance where required.

(--Climb on,,,

Rodeo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess all that scuttlebutt was untrue about folks wanting to have a climbers gathering in Darrington. Oh well. Guess it'll have to be a gathering of two or three folks then.

(--Climb on,,,

Rodeo

Nice shiny, new action suit dude!!

Several pubclubbers had a campout there a couple of weekends ago, and there is ongoing talk of a more organized event some time this summer. If it were to be a larger event like last year's rope up, we might want to consider camping in the Clear Creek campground where there are toilets and water, though the unregulated camping up in Clear Creek is certainly more fun.

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

[laf][laf][laf]
fightfightfight
[Wink]

Chics are bloodthirsty.

Are we going to see you in Darrington, trash-ski? I am sure it's difficult to put your harness on with you head up your ass, and all, but I am sure you could manage. [Wazzup]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

You're getting close to my homebase now Cracklicker. I'll show up with a keg of grog. BTW, I don't climb, but I'm good at running a tap and slingin shittalk.

If you can hike you can be my sherpa/gear-bitch.

[big Drink][big Drink]

You guys are a perfect pair, a marriage of convenience made in heaven. Dave needs transpo, Rodeo needs dough! [Wazzup]

Have fun up there guys.

Dave, Make sure Rodeo picks you up and gets you home on time.

Rodeo, Make sure Dave coughs up for the vehicle depreciation.

I'm not sure I can go, but I'm contemplating a moonlight climb tonight -- Silent Running, perhaps. My fantasy would be to drive up there after rush hour and start climbing as the moon rises over Exfoliation Dome (this should be right about dusk). Anybody for a little solstice (shortest night of the year) celebration?

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Actually, solstice occurred at 6:23 PDT this morning, so shortest night was LAST night. However, the moon will be fuller tonight.

Here is a full moon for trask too.
[Moon]

maybe in canada. but here in america our solstice happens when we want it too!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Actually, solstice occurred at 6:23 PDT this morning, so shortest night was LAST night. However, the moon will be fuller tonight.

Here is a full moon for trask too.
[Moon]

maybe in canada. but here in america our solstice happens when we want it too!!!!

Yeah if some other country has a better solstice your stupid "free trade" Congress just passes a protectionist law imposing a 50% duty on foreign solstices... go figure that.... American sandbox you can't play, but give us your toys!!!

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Peter Puget was going to host a get-together at Index. Matt Heller posted, looking for partners. Matt Heller has partners. Matt Heller must be Peter Puget.

Dogs have 4 legs. Tables have 4 legs. Therefore dogs are tables. Hear that Snoop?