PETA

chirp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PETA goes too far and they live with thier head up thier asses. I'd happily kill a couple thousand cute, fuzzy white rabbits in a lab if it means there is a cure or treatment waiting for my friends or family when they need it. It sucks ,for sure, but that is the bottom line for me.

My advice is to go and watch a relative die of cancer and see if your opinion changes.

PETA SUCKS.

Cancer and Aids, my opinion still wont waver. Most people cause their own afflictions and if the end result is cancer or other terminal disease...well cest la vie.

I love my meat too so I consider myself fairly well balanced, just a wee bit on the misanthropic side.

Ed Abbey hit the nail on the head in Down the River and in Desert Solitare.

PETA goes too far and they live with thier head up thier asses. I'd happily kill a couple thousand cute, fuzzy white rabbits in a lab if it means there is a cure or treatment waiting for my friends or family when they need it. It sucks ,for sure, but that is the bottom line for me.

My advice is to go and watch a relative die of cancer and see if your opinion changes.

PETA SUCKS.

You seem a little grumpy griz? Man, didnt meant to rain on yer parade. yelrotflmao.gif

Its all about balance, pure and simple. We cannot change the world but working within each of our little spheres we can do what we can to empower ourselves and those touching our sphere.

I cant help the little kid dying of cancer, but if i see a dude abusing a dog or elderly person, or little kid, I can sure raise my voice, step in and make a difference.

Most people cause their own afflictions

Good point...I'll be sure to tell the next 6 year old kid dying of leukemia that it's her fault... fruit.gif

hellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I cant help the little kid dying of cancer, but if i see a dude abusing a dog or elderly person, or little kid, I can sure raise my voice, step in and make a difference.

You CAN help that little kid... by not supporting groups like PETA that lobby against the use of animals for medical research and then making medical researchers jobs even more difficult.

If you see a dog,person or kid being abused then call the cops, ya know?

And,no, not grumpy... just a topic I have a strong opinion on... I'll take family over bunnies any day.

Later... bigdrink.gif

You CAN help that little kid... by not supporting groups like PETA that lobby against the use of animals for medical research and then making medical researchers jobs even more difficult.

If you see a dog,person or kid being abused then call the cops, ya know?

And,no, not grumpy... just a topic I have a strong opinion on... I'll take family over bunnies any day.

Later... bigdrink.gif

Agreed, just make not of the original notation regarding Wilkeson. Animal testing has a definite place in the diagnosing and curing of diseases but I'm talking about useless cruelty and stupidity, PETA does an awesome job going after Zoos, farms and such.

Just a topic I feel strongly about... 3160jumar.jpg

People rate a little bit less on my scale.

wave.gif

Within every set of beliefs, we all have "vices", exceptions and double standards. The concepts are there and valid, but alas there are some that are not. I take what I can use, BBQ the rest.

Someone needs to be extreme, because that usually balances out the rest. PETA may go to far but like alot of "extreme" orgaizations, right or wrong they raise consiousness or awareness.

I asked Jumar what she thought of being a companion and she wholeheartedly agreed that we were meant for eachother...its actually more of a Father/Daughter relationship.

I dont condone chipping (yellaf.gif) but i'll climb a chipped route...as most of us would.

Lets move on cheeburga_ron.gif

Wilkeson dog killing teens are idiots. Dog killers belong in jail.

But PETA is nothing more than an assembly of blathering extremist idiots who exist only one miniscule step above their ALF terrorist brothers. PETA is simply attaching themselves to this Wilkeson issue to lend some sorely lacking legitamacy to their brand name.

PETA sucks.

PETA had a good concept they just go waaaaaaaaaaaay too far. cruelty towards animals is unacceptable plain and simple. if you domesticate an animal or take responsibility for a domesticated animal (pets, livestock etc) it is your duty to provide reasonable food, shelter and care for that animal. h/e it's just way too insane to think that an omnivorous species (humans) should all become vegans. just plain nuts.

note: i myself am largely vegetarian, consuming the occasionally tasty fishy.

But PETA is nothing more than an assembly of blathering extremist idiots who exist only one miniscule step above their ALF terrorist brothers. PETA is simply attaching themselves to this Wilkeson issue to lend some sorely lacking legitamacy to their brand name.

PETA sucks.

Hey Fairweather. This must be the second time I agree with you.

PETA sucks.

Hey Fairweather. This must be the second time I agree with you.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thanks Catbird. I hereby declare your views balanced. yellaf.gif