MC Goggles For Climbing

fenderfour

I'm not a fan of glacier glasses or ski goggles. Goggles are too big and glacier glasses are too expensive (for a nice pair) and too delicate. Then I had a gear epiphany - Motorcycle goggles. I got a pair of these: Bobster MC Goggles

I used them this weekend and they worked great. Less fogging than my glacier glasses, much less intrusive than my ski goggles. rockband.gif

This model also comes with interchangable lenses (smoke, clear, amber) for different conditions.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like it might be the stylish start of a new wave. They appear like they would work for me, but I didn't see any info on their UV blocking ability. What percentage of UVA and UVB blocking do they purport to have? That would be my main concern, even over cost.

• 1 month later...

So do they really fog up less than your glacier glasses? I get real hot easily and sweat quite a bit so I always fog up sunglasses or glacier glasses, it really sucks. You are saying these things, tho being fully enclosed fog up *less*?? If so I'm buying 'em.

I think that mine came with an anti-fog coating. As time progresses, they seem to fog up about as much as my glacier glasses did. I'm assuming that the coating has worn off.

They aren't fully enclosed. There are vents all the way around the perimieter of the lens.

Some models can have a prescription fitted to them. Mine cannot.