Spray Movement

MrDoolittle

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf are you talking about? when did cc.com get BIG corporate sponsors.

spray was moved to encourage more posters/new posters to the climbing sections of the board. spray is a lot of fun. however when it is positioned near the top of the board newcomers to the site stumble onto it quickly. many are turned off by the nature of spray and don't stick around to contribute to the rest of the site. i personally have talked to 2 people for whom this is true. i know other moderators have had the same type of experience.

many of the moderators have spoken to people who don't post here b/c of spray. no one wants to lose spray or make it to PC. it was my suggestion originally that it be moved out of the limelight.

what's the big deal? it's still here. it's still the same good ol cesspool.

There has been a rather concerted effort to kill off Spray. First by banning the more "interesting" avatars, then people through the dreaded "IP Ban", now relegating the forum to the very bottom of the list, formerly occupied by Body Results. Will The Milque Toast Brigade succeed in their quest to turn cc.com into a clone of rc.com?

Funny how this site is now about all the people who don't post here. cantfocus.gif

BS, you can't risk offending people that may or may not exist. How callous of you. hellno3d.gif

funny how people are so recalcitrant to encourage new posters. funny how it's so often the same people who gripe when this place gets a little stale. go figure...

There has been a rather concerted effort to kill off Spray. First by banning the more "interesting" avatars, then people through the dreaded "IP Ban", now relegating the forum to the very bottom of the list, formerly occupied by Body Results. Will The Milque Toast Brigade succeed in their quest to turn cc.com into a clone of rc.com?

cbs- not to be too harsh-but you don't know what you're talking about. there's only 2 IP addresses that have been banned and none of those recently as near as i can tell. there's been much debate on the moderators forum about if spray needs cleaning up but even the most PC amongst the mods seem to be willing to let most anything slide on spray. moving it down to the bottom of the list is an effort to accomodate the fact that this is a climbing site and many people don't want to deal with the garbage in spray while allowing spray to be it's irreverant/no PC self.

mellow out people mushsmile.gif

I don't think anyone is resisting encouraging new posters.

I think people are resistant to encouraging new posters at the expense of altering the environment in order to do so.

That said, I usually never see the index page anyway. I bookmarked the "Last 25" filter. The only time I hit the index is for research on gear, routes, or fitness/med stuff.

I stand by what I've said before: This thing can't be everything to everybody. It's been pretty successful so far. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If someone is so lacking in fortitude that they won't post or read the site because of the spray, there are other places more fitting, like teletubbies.com

I was being sarcastic, minx. You seem a bit too sensitive to be a spray moderator.

yes cbs i am definitely too sensitive to be a spray moderator and just for pointing that out i think i'm going to have to band you.

i'm sick today and tad off my game. sorry if i misunderstood your post. just figured i'd wipe the floor w/the whiners right off the bat.

If someone is so lacking in fortitude that they won't post or read the site because of the spray, there are other places more fitting, like teletubbies.com

thumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

i agree with this. i just don't see what the big deal about moving the forum down the list a little is.

spray was moved to encourage more posters/new posters to the climbing sections of the board. spray is a lot of fun. however when it is positioned near the top of the board newcomers to the site stumble onto it quickly. many are turned off by the nature of spray and don't stick around to contribute to the rest of the site. ...

rolleyes.gif Extensive research and focus group testing by both public relations and marketing consultants has determined that this is only the beginning of the solution to repositioning the CC.com brand in the eyes of consumers ... At this point, it's not the actual site that matters so much as how it is perceived.

I was being sarcastic, minx. You seem a bit too sensitive to be a spray moderator.

WTF do you want you whiney ass MF? If you really were being sarcastic, then you must have been trolling.

Real trollers do not cry about the catch being "too sensitive". That is being a poor winner, and also may cut down on future snares grin.gif.

Thus I think either your claim of sarcasm is whiny BS, or you're a p00r troller.

I'm actually surprised that none of the big guns from rec.climbing haven't shown up here, or at least we haven't made the connection yet.

Lord Slime and Mad Dog....where are you?

Mike Garrison would give CBS a run for his money on some of the geeky science stuff....(said affectionately, as I count Mike as a friend.)

i'm pretty new to this site overall but from what i've noticed so far... every time i go to the list of forums Spray has the MOST or SECOND MOST number of people viewing. when i checked a couple minutes ago it had over twice as many as any other! wazzup.gif

prob'ly about 3/4 of my posts so far have been on it.

hell, climbers don't always want to talk about climbing. wave.gif

Why don't you whiney fucking bitches start your own website. Tell you what, I'll start it for you, I'll register cascadesprayers.com today, I will set up a message board there, and you guys can talk about peeing in each others butts and other fun stuff. Otherwise STFU.