[TR] Klawatti and Eldorado- South Face of Klawatti, East Ridge of Eldorado 3/10/2004

savaiusini

Climb: Klawatti and Eldorado-South Face of Klawatti, East Ridge of Eldorado

Date of Climb: 3/10/2004

Trip Report:

drove, hiked, got feet wet, schwacked uphill, skinned, descended, skinned, traversed, climbed, skied, traversed, climbed, skied, sidestepped, skied, schwacked downhill, hurt knees, got feet very wet, skied, drove, ate mexican food.

Need more details?: http://www.alpineslider.com/inspiration.htm

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got pretty high up, but didn't get it. frown.gif I had an "interesting" trip to say the least smile.gif Friday night was the most miserable bivy of my life...snow and spindrift like crazy...froze my ass off. I was pretty sure I would just head home in the morning, but somehow I got myself rolling (I figured it was better sitting around freezing) and I started up hill. For some idiotic reason (utter lack of sleep probably) I picked the wrong notch and after climbing to 8200 I found the other side was a 500 foot drop to the boston glacier. At this point, despite it being early, I was too exhausted from the night before to want to climb all the way back down and then climb up the right notch.

Instead I chilled in the sun for an hour and enjoyed the ski down, which was absolutely awesome. As a "bonus" the couliors I climbed to get to the notch were quite sketchy, so I got my technical fill for the day. cantfocus.gif

Nice TR--could have done without the blood, though.

I especially like the way you captured the contrail piercing Sam's mid-section in the 6th picture. Reminds me of that movie "The Omen."

Doh! Where'd the TR link go?

Edited by klenke