Climbing Commute Speed Traps Part II

Jens

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always tempted to speed on I-90 eastbbound early Saturday mornings, and usually see a few cops parked between Mercer Island and mile marker 25.

Also, coming home I often see radar units at the bottom of a couple of big hills coming back into the metro area where the speed limit drops a bit.

Sultan!...unless traffic is backed up and moving at a snail's pace.

Northbound I-5 from Lynnwood to South Everett is the most heavily patrolled stretch of highway anywhere. Another baddie is southbound I-405 from I-5 to Swamp Creek.

I drive that stretch every weekday and I'm constantly scanning for cops. I see, on average, 1 cop every 2 weeks or so. I wouldn't say that is too heavily patrolled.

hwy 97 traps: Southbound from Bigs Junction -> Morrow, and within 15 miles north and south of Madras (pronounced: muhdraws)

just entering bend from the north on 97

and of course when going to pick up your meth, watch out in lapine.

Bachy Speed Traps: Long Straight away on cascade lk's hwy, and straight away after lower s curves afer a sunny day on the mountain: OSP and Forest Service tools both like to patrol, usually in pairs.

DAMN THE MAN!

Good news: HWY 395 through eastern oregon, never seen a cop, but watch yourself between susanville and reno.

Northbound I-5 from Lynnwood to South Everett is the most heavily patrolled stretch of highway anywhere. Another baddie is southbound I-405 from I-5 to Swamp Creek.

I drive that stretch every weekday and I'm constantly scanning for cops. I see, on average, 1 cop every 2 weeks or so. I wouldn't say that is too heavily patrolled.

How about Saturday morning? I give you 1:1 odds you'll find the State Patrol on the median at that time, waiting for the weekenders heading for BC.

How about Saturday morning? I give you 1:1 odds you'll find the State Patrol on the median at that time, waiting for the weekenders heading for BC.

According to "The Hamster Index", more tickets were issued at the Fairhaven Exit last year than any other place in Washington.

Beware Squamish Travellers!

THE MAN is so suck. thumbs_down.gif

According to "The Hamster Index", more tickets were issued at the Fairhaven Exit last year than any other place in Washington.

Beware Squamish Travellers!

THE MAN is so suck. thumbs_down.gif

What is the Hamster Index?

The stretch of Hwy 2 between Wenatchee and Leavenworth comes to mind. I heard that they write a ridiculous amount of tickets there and I always see THE MAN there.

Also coming into Wenatchee from Quincy on Hwy 28. I managed to talk my way out of a ticket there once, but probably not again.

I consistantly see cops on I-90 through Issaquah, both directions. There is a State Patrol office in Bellvue. There is also a construction zone in Issaquah right now and I think they like to cover it well. Tickets double.

Watch yourself coming down the hill there.

I must've got really lucky on that HWY 97 bit between Biggs and Morrow. I was working for about a month last summer out in the Condon/Wasco area and regularly used that chunk of road on 97 to test the limits of my Sooby. Never did see a cop except down in Biggs at the Quik-Mart. rolleyes.gif

you must have been hauling, i got through there close to 80 all the time and never get pulled over.

thumbs_down.gif

It was 80 in a 70! Going down hill in the middle of the day! I was very pissed. The good thing is that I'd been doing 80 up the Oregon side of the Gorge where the limit is 60, then got busted just after crossing the river and getting into the 70 MPH zone.