Seattle Pub Club, May 14

sayjay

Hey boys n girls,

What say we start the debate on next weeks' PC venue, eh?

I thought the Ballard Bar n Grill on Leary worked really well...

or should we move it around?

(PC is in Seattle this week, right?

So can we just keep the argument down to where IN SEATTLE PC will be?)

Okay, let the games begin!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with this, Sara. If you are good at this, Alpine K may be out of a job. I would second the Ballard Bar and Grill, except that I might be accused of selfishly wanting to have pub club in my own neighborhood. Maybe we should have it in Columbia City, where no regular posters live anywhere near.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Good luck with this, Sara. If you are good at this, Alpine K may be out of a job. I would second the Ballard Bar and Grill, except that I might be accused of selfishly wanting to have pub club in my own neighborhood. Maybe we should have it in Columbia City, where no regular posters live anywhere near.

Someone needs to take charge since I'm going to be up in Canada for the next Pub Club, and gone for the big debate on the one 2 weeks from now.

I think it's pretty messed up that we've had pub clubs with 40 sum people the last couple times and then there is like 6 there the next time because someone has a fucking temper tantrum.

I'll show up wherever it is as long as there isn't a lot of fighting. The Duchess is fun, it has three pool tables and this shuffleboard type deal, darts, lots of parking and close to the freeway.

Somebody named Beckey e-mailed me and asked "Why can't they just pick a location and stick with it?" He continued with something like "Any event planner knows that you have to select something in advance if you want a good turn out..."

The man has spoken!

I didn't get out climbing last weekend and am having major risk-withdrawl, so I'm going to make the bold move of declaring:

THE NEXT PUB CLUB WILL BE AT THE BALLARD GRILL AND ALE HOUSE on Leary Way!

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

Somebody named Beckey e-mailed me and asked "Why can't they just pick a location and stick with it?" He continued with something like "Any event planner knows that you have to select something in advance if you want a good turn out..."

Sorry guys, it's just not that easy. Who does this Becky chick think she is anyway?!??

I noticed on my way in to work today that the Fiddler's Inn has a nice little beer garden. Perhaps this could be a tentative alternative if the weather is looking sweet?

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

ChucK-

Your post suggests you may not have been there before (?). Maybe we better "recon" it. If you proposed it for May 21 we'd have plenty of time to check it out beforehand. I mean, gosh, you wouldn't want to recommend a place that was lame, would you?

quote:

ChucK-

Your post suggests you may not have been there before (?). Maybe we better "recon" it. If you proposed it for May 21 we'd have plenty of time to check it out beforehand. I mean, gosh, you wouldn't want to recommend a place that was lame, would you?

Lame places have been recommended before and nothing bad happened from it except for maybe the pub club splitting and a whole bunch of people hating each other...errr...

OK, I will do my best to recon.

I have been to Fiddler's before but it was a long time ago. Vague recollections were fernylike, but with quality beer.

Note that if the weather forecast changes to "80 degrees on Tuesday" (current forecast stands at 54 and rainy) I will resume agitating for Fiddler's (or perhaps Index baking lot [big Grin][big Drink][big Drink] ).