Are the neo-cons  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are the neo-cons

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's one thing that GW "I'm a divider, not a uniter" Bush is making clear. "Conservatives" as a term covers a lot of territory, and it's far from a monolithic block. My father counts himself as a conservative, libertarian end of the spectrum, once a borderline John Birch Society type, and he finds the imperial posture of the neo-con cabal currently in power horrifying. A lot of people who consider themselves some type of "conservative" don't like various aspects of whats going on in the executive branch these days. I know a few who have gone over to the Kerry side of the fence, and it's these crucial swing votes that will decide the election if you ask me.

All of them can be characterized by a common trait, a fixed mind set. They are very close minded and are supremely confident in the correctness of their view of the world. They tend to become fixated on a few core issues and don't look at the big picture. Their mental construct of reality is best termed "belief based", that is it is not based on information and critical thinking. Most of them were spoon fed their beliefs by others.

All of them can be characterized by a common trait, a fixed mind set. They are very close minded and are supremely confident in the correctness of their view of the world. They tend to become fixated on a few core issues and don't look at the big picture. Their mental construct of reality is best termed "belief based", that is it is not based on information and critical thinking. Most of them were spoon fed their beliefs by others.

in response to your ridiculus stereotype i will just write the name of one of my heroes: barry goldwater. my mutha fuka be dope.

That interesting. If you liberals were so open-minded, wouldn't you be open-minded enough to try on the conservative beliefs just once? And if you did, wouldn't quite a number of you come on over to the other side...? cantfocus.gif

I consider myself progressive on social and environmental issues and conservative on fiscal issues. The backbone of true conservative politics used to rely on fiscal responsibility - a truely conservative approach to government spending, a cautious approach to foreign affairs, and encouraging free enterprise.

The neoconservative movement is stripping away many of these goals. We have bloated and growing federal spending, increasing subsidy programs (largest farm bill and wasteful military spending), a foreign policy based on speculation and isolation from the world community, and an increase in business and financial mergers and a corresponding decrease in competition. This group is pegging the meter in the wrong direction.

Fuckin A

Catbird-sc.jpgs-seat.jpg

Lord deliver us...

I agree. I find the prospect of Cracked voting extremely scary. shocked.gif

Republicans used to be pro environment. Just look at Dan Evans or Teddy Roosevelt. Too bad the new school repubs suck up to folks who think that the only thing anyone should care about is increasing the stock value of their company.