Why are chicks such whiners?

layton

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that men stay warmer because a greater percentage of their body mass is lean muscle, and all of the mitochondria cranking through the TCA cycle within the said muscle equals more calories burned per unit mass which in turn leads to a higher metabolism and greater warmth. I'd also be willing to bet that men have a lower surface-to-volume ratio than women in the torso, which leads to greater heat loss.

I'd also say that social conditioning plays a role as well, as from about the age of 7 any guy that complains to other guys about being cold will have a staggering quantity of shit flipped his way by any male within earshot while most young girls that complained about being cold would get sympathy and an extra insulating layer from anyone in earshot.

I think an experiment in which bodybuilder chicks that have attained large amounts of lean muscle and a plenitude of secondary male sexual characteristics from massive roid abuse and pasty endormorphic computer techs with modified mullets and jiggly manboobs are subjected to the same amount of cold, and both the persistence and the tone of the whining that issue forth from both groups are monitored and quantified would settle the muscle-vs-metabolism-vs-sex question once and for all.

Hm, I have plenty of cold-weather gear, and I don't have the social conditioning to get real wimpy about cold, and I get cold. I also have my fair share of fat.

Got to be something about circulation or babies.

If you don't like how women are in the backcountry, I suggest dating men.