On Trask, change, etc.

RobBob

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. I come to this site for useful information found in all forums other than spray. I sometimes check out the spray forum to waste time at work or whatever. If someone goes missing from the spray forum, I couldn't possibly care less. They only affect the bannings have on me is if these banned people don't post useful information in the other forums that they normally would have. So if someone like Trask gets banned (or anyone who posts 99% garbage), I've lost nothing. People are acting like they are losing their first borns or something, what a bunch of pussy-assed cry babies. Get over it or get off. Or better yet, go climbing, then come tell us about it.

That's the beauty of this site, you can lose 1, 2, 10, 20 people but there will still be enough people posting topics that interest me. Ban on!! wave.gif

Bait you Veggie? I believe you were the one making baseless comments, so who is really baiting who. I'm not stupid, I'm a Husky. Ok I will address them. You don't have in science what we call evidence to substantiate your claim. You are either an idiot or are just looking for some sort of shock value. There you go! wave.gif

Well jon, quality people really are leaving due to changes they perceive here. Many people have posted that they've also noticed the perceived changes. Of course, my thoughts that less posts will equal less interest is opinion.

There really was an icon at the bottom of the screen you could click and see the stats. I figure it was removed for some reason because I don't see it now.

battlecage?

veggie... when i upgraded the message board a few months back, i forgot to add in the "retro stats" link. so the way that thing worked was the image was hotlinked to their site, and thus it collected data for everyone to see as far as usage goes on the site.

so since i have forgotten to add it back in (i've been busy skiing and doing other stuff on the site) we've lost stats for the past month or so.

our hosting provider keeps track of all the site visitors/bandwidth used as well, this is how the figure out how much to charge us. From time to time I think Jon posts the usage here on the board... I never thought it was really of interest to site visitors.

statistically speaking, the popularity of the site has been growing over since its inception. depending on who you are, this is pretty cool, or perhaps scary, or perhaps it makes no fucking sense at all. the funny thing about it, we have one of these tirades each year about moderation, or banning or whatever, people get pissed, but the site continues to grow statistically....

i think that shows the diversity of the site. i get a tad upset when some fine folks go, but all you can do is hope for some fresh content, great TR's (which there have been some excellent ones posted the past few days), and every once in awhile a good troll.

imho, people take this site a tad too seriously at times. everyone on here needs to step outside the spray and smell the fresh air. get away from the computer, go climb, or ski, or spank yer richard simmons... and be plab.

oh well enough of that for now.

if you would like to see some numbers or graphs i can post some links later but i got a ton of shizzy going on at work right now.

I want names and why they left. I'll save you some time and tell you that Fairweather hasn't completely left and is using his time for more productive things. While you are at it include all the people who have been banned in the last three weeks and why. I bet you can't name three for the later.

You see where I'm getting at don't you?

The stats thing is gone because we upgraded the software (yeah we spend a lot of time and money on this so you can having cool features) and it's not available for the version we are using anyways.

wave.gif

Change-smange. One vulgar non-climber gets banned. Big deal. The climbing forums provide some good info and trip reports. The spray is classic internet. I do appreciate the thoughtful and witty arguments from some folks. Trask just wasn't one of 'em.

Can't someone delete all the pathetic whining threads? This is beyond lame, everybody should STFU. Trask was stale, boring, and getting on my nerves, I can't honestly say I miss him. Spray contributes the least to this site.

This is cascadeclimbers, not cascadesprayers. Shut up and go climb something!

Trask was stale, boring, and getting on my nerves, I can't honestly say I miss him. Spray contributes the least to this site.

Spray is the most popular forum on the site

You make Trask sound a lot like Sphinx except Trask was funny sometimes yellaf.gif