6" of fresh on queen anne ave

eternalX

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a ticket for "improper lane usage" on the way to work this morning. he didn't say I was driving unsafe or anything, but using the lanes improperly when there was a cop nearly stopped in the left lane (I thought he must be looking for somebody or something) and I went around him in the right lane on Pacific just west of UW hospital. WTF?

I climbed up the steep Queen Anne Blvd Couloir in Seattle today. I never did use my ice tools though it was slippery at times. The couloir is lined by vertical cliffs of varying height. There are many intrusions of glass amidst the brickwork rock. It looks a lot like natural fenestration. Also there are many breaks in the cliffs allowing an escape if you should have to bail before the steepest section of the couloir about two-thirds up.

I was not alone in the couloir though as I had to constantly pass people on the way up and dodge snowboarders, skiers, innertubers, sledders, and excited dogs coming down. It was the busiest couloir in the state on this Tuesday, January, 6, 2004. Probably about 300 people there. Even the news reporters were Johnny on the spot. Pictures at 5 and 11.

If you want to partake in the couloir before the rain comes, hurry hurry hurry.

thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I took pictures of it. Cars and trucks were driving in 9 1/2 lanes where there are normally 4. The cop was so freaked out by the snow and going so slow I honestly thought he wasn't even trying to drive.

Smart to take a picture. Maybe even lucky to have the camera in the car at the ready.

Dryad, if you want to link up and drink gimme a hollar. Not much going on and I would meet you at a pub in close walking proximity...

I got in some tele-turns at Woodland Park (workin' on that left-hand turn!)

My destiny nearly collided with that of a 8 yo on a sled. shocked.gif Since I was bigger I had right of way, and since she was smaller she had cat-like reflexes. Earning a scowl from her mom, I quickly found a less populated area.

hey, Woodland Park was "in"! thumbs_up.gif

Doxey