BAD BEER

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRON CITY BEER KICKS ASS!

How can the Seahawks compete with this kind of history and tradition?

icstl81f.jpg

I'd say we can claim Ranier or Olympia, but since they are both brewed in Milwaukee now, the Seahawks will have to claim Triple Skinny Rasberry Lattes with Dillatante chocolate flakes or some shit.

IRON CITY BEER KICKS ASS!

How can the Seahawks compete with this kind of history and tradition?

icstl81f.jpg

I'd say we can claim Ranier or Olympia, but since they are both brewed in Milwaukee now, the Seahawks will have to claim Triple Skinny Rasberry Lattes with Dillatante chocolate flakes or some shit.

IC, baby. And how about the Primanti's reference in the original article?

When I have a choice, it's usually a Belgian for me. Tripel Karmeliet, St. Bernardus Quadrupel, St. Feuillen Tripel...and how about Wesvetletern 8?!?

But as my Kiwi friend says, the only bad beer...is no beer.

Edited by crazy_t

One guy said

lucky for me, English is the second language on this website.

right after another guy said

Just subsitute the slogan, "Tastes Great, Less filling" with "Get's you drunk, costs less".

I too have wondered if English is perhaps the second language here.

If it is, what then is the first language?

Well sheet if you're gonna drink light then drink cheap and drink proud. Take a hint from an experienced rugby drinkup-er. PBR, the unparalleled cheapest keg (at least in PDX, $60). Bring the props, make it a four-pack.

$60 is the cheapest keg!?!? Damn, beer is expensive there. We can get kegs of shitty Keystone Light for like $39.99 and occasionally a bit cheaper on megasale.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, so I was stumping around in my kitchen, just finishing a can o' Coors, when I'm thinking, "Mmm mm, that was good. Too bad there's no more Coors in fridge."

"But wait, there's Hefeweizen in there, that's sorta like a Coors."

pop...fizz...drink

So, anyway, now I'm just sitting drinking this Hefeweizen, and I've steered away from Hefeweizen cause I always thought it was crappy. But at the store I needed to fill out the six pack, so I thought, "what the hell, maybe it's not that bad."

But now, as I'm drinking, I just have to relay that Hefeweizen just sucks. Coors kicks ass on Hefeweizen. I don't know why they brew Hefeweizen.

hahaha.gifbigdrink.gif

Having my first Red Hook Copper Hook...well actually my fourth, but I mean first day...anyway. A little light for a copper ale. Not a contender in it's category. Not bad, but not among the best in Red Hook's bottled arsenal.

Also, Pyramid Curveball Kolsch.... Sucks my ass. Lame even for a kolsch (a variety of which the Lucky Lab brews a nice example) a puffster beer brewed for some brokeback germans or something. HCL.gif

Having my first Red Hook Copper Hook...well actually my fourth, but I mean first day...anyway. A little light for a copper ale. Not a contender in it's category. Not bad, but not among the best in Red Hook's bottled arsenal.

Also, Pyramid Curveball Kolsch.... Sucks my ass. Lame even for a kolsch (a variety of which the Lucky Lab brews a nice example) a puffster beer brewed for some brokeback germans or something. HCL.gif

Word. If you want light, go pilsner...perhaps a nice Pilsner Urquell. Good for cutting through those summertime barbecue foods, or some sheisty manual labor.

In other beer news, Anderson Valley's Boont Amber is MM-MMM-MMMM tasty. bigdrink.gif