Dru

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"All of this is meaningless unless we experience the terror of being separated from the source of power which fuels the creation, and hold the conviction that redemption is entirely real." ---Robert Fripp (as heard on Sylvian/Fripp collaboration "Approaching Silence", Autumn 1994). Typical gobbledygook intellection from my man Fripp.

Interesting to read that quote in your bio, PP, seeing as that's some pretty obscure music that I thought only I listened to.

klenke said:

As The League of Gentlemen, no doubt, as heard on "God Save the King," though the live album "Thrang Thrang Gozinblux" is much better. Hard strummin' punk. Not for everyone's taste.

No, it was a solo gig at Evergreen, really funny looking when you watched, quite sublime if you closed your eyes. Lots of noises you wouldn't associate with a guitar.

Oh, then probably his first Frippertronics album, released in 1981. On the liner notes, there are tour dates listed from April 1979 to August 1979, though he was probably also doing that tape loop stuff in 1980. In the list, it says he was at Seattle's Pike Place Theatre on Aug. 2, 1979 and Tower Records the next day.

B000003S2F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

He improved the technique in the early 1990s renaming it from Frippertronics (a term coined by Eno, I believe) to Soundscapes. You can listen to it and have no idea it's originating from a guitar, much less one guitar.

klenke said:

"All of this is meaningless unless we experience the terror of being separated from the source of power which fuels the creation, and hold the conviction that redemption is entirely real." ---Robert Fripp (as heard on Sylvian/Fripp collaboration "Approaching Silence", Autumn 1994). Typical gobbledygook intellection from my man Fripp.

Interesting to read that quote in your bio, PP, seeing as that's some pretty obscure music that I thought only I listened to.

Even more amazing in that your remembered it!

I sneak Fripp quotes in all the time. They crack me up.

PS:

T Levin is back in the band and they will be touring next summer!

You're right about live League rocking. The CD mix on the studio stuff sucks. LP is a much better mix. God save the Queen is a compilation of two albums. Sexy Coco once mocked me for posting something aboutthe theory of Seven. laugh.gif

Wave sounds great on Damage and only so so on Gone to Earth

Edited by Peter_Puget