Speaking of Beckey...

icegirl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is going to be 81 on Jan. 14 (a Wednesday). I could be wrong on both his age and the day, but that seems like a good idea, IG--Jan. 13 PC in his honor.

He was at the Timmy O'Neill slide show last night at the Tractor. During the show he was sitting in the back by the door. I don't know how into the show he was. Also, it seemed like hardly anyone wanted to talk to him (as if they were afraid to go up to him).

klenke said:

[beckey] was at the Timmy O'Neill slide show last night at the Tractor. During the show he was sitting in the back by the door. I don't know how into the show he was. Also, it seemed like hardly anyone wanted to talk to him (as if they were afraid to go up to him).

Not afraid, just didn't want to come across like paparazzi.

I'd love to chat with him, but what would I say?

"Hey there Fred, you climb, I climb, ain't climbin' great!?? Now let's get us some tail!"

I saw Fred working the ladies last night. He was in fine form. Overheard him talking to a 30 something blonde hottie...

Fred: "So you rock climb?"

Woman: "Yep, I think its fun."

Fred: "Yeah it's fun. Good for you."

I giggled and walked away. thumbs_up.gif

Another Fred story was related to him eating with a stick. He sat down at the table in camp4 last Fall and asked what a couple friends were eating for dinner. I think it was cous cous, and they offered some to Fred. He finds a swiss army knife on the table, opens the blade takes the pot and digs in. yellaf.gif He ate the rest of their dinner. No one minded though, cause hell it's Fred!

If you made a T shirt that said "Fred Beckey ate my dinner" a lot of people could wear one.

Last time he was here he was telling me about how he was going to Kalymnos for the winter with some Whistler chick. Now he's going to Mexico with Ray. Talk about Plan B!

I heard a story from a guy who hosted a party for a bunch of climbing friends. Someone knew Beckey and invited him. The host was in the kitchen with Fred when he started filling his pockets with cheeses, breads and crackers. Fred says, "They have some great stuff here, don't they?", not realizing who he was talking to (or not caring). The host decided not to tell him who he was and just smiled and nodded his head.