Fitness levels of sprayers and climbers

Blake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are on a cardio based training for better climbing fitness.

We figure that we benifit the most from 2-3 days of either hiking or mtn biking a week. balanced with 2-3 days of climbing. Outside(Red Rocks) or inside(after work).

The best is to go biking at Blue Diamond in the morning, have a nice lunch and then go sport climbing in the Calico hills.

winter days in vegas can be cold (50!) so we make sure to have plenty of cocca and treats.

Edited by lancegranite

I just got back from the gym actually. Now I'm having a Pyramid Snowcap Ale and spraying bigdrink.gifwazzup.gif

Weights 3-5 times week, cardio 3 times week, recovery workouts (easy spinning to flush the system) the day after a hard workout, plastic couple times a week.

Today was a typical upper body weights workout while in the base phase of periodization. Looked something like this :

(12 reps on everything, weights in lbs)

Warm up 10 min easy spinning

Mil Press 6 sets - 65,80,95,100,105,110

Leg Adduction 5 sets - 125,130,135,140,145

Leg Abduction 5 sets - 50,65,90,90,95

Bench Press 5 sets - 135,145,155,165,170

Pullups - 6 sets

Back extension 4 sets 80,80,90,90

Cool down with 10min spinning

Tomorrow I'll have a long aerobic workout (spinning or stairmaster) at about 140bpm (my HRmax is about 190, anathreshold around 170 depending on activity).

Day after that, recovery spinning in the AM and probably some enduro session on plastic at night.

The most imporant aspect to training...plenty of the proper fuel...I suggest Jubel Ale, and Lucky Lab's Stumptown Porter on nitro. bigdrink.gif

Cardio M-th Weights T-fri

Ski one day a weekend... or mnt bike...

I properly train my drunk eye, by drinking crown on the rocks and shooting pool two/three times a week....

I train my drunken fighting once a month with my buddy josh, we get smashed and turn my living room into a wrestling ring... I'm always sore for a day or to after that...

lancegranite said:

My wife and I are on a cardio based training for better climbing fitness.

We figure that we benifit the most from 2-3 days of either hiking or mtn biking a week. balanced with 2-3 days of climbing. Outside(Red Rocks) or inside(after work).

The best is to go biking at Blue Diamond in the morning, have a nice lunch and then go sport climbing in the Calico hills.

winter days in vegas can be cold (50!) so we make sure to have plenty of cocca and treats.

The really sounded like you are whining(sp) about the temp being 50. Man that is perfect for sport climbing. Especially in Vegas where you can track the sun depending on how if feels.

A little could for the canyons though!!

dale bigdrink.gif

lancegranite said:

People bag on Las Vegas all the time..."I could never live there!"

blah blah blah.

The fact is, This town is full of folks from Washington.

While YOU grow mold, WE are getting a tan.

Have a nice winter,

L. Granite

Cpt.Caveman said:

I think Wal-Mart.com sells cans of Shut the fuck up for cheap wazzup.gif

willstrickland said:

Today was a typical upper body weights workout while in the base phase of periodization. Looked something like this :

(12 reps on everything, weights in lbs)

Warm up 10 min easy spinning

Mil Press 6 sets - 65,80,95,100,105,110

Leg Adduction 5 sets - 125,130,135,140,145

Leg Abduction 5 sets - 50,65,90,90,95

Bench Press 5 sets - 135,145,155,165,170

Pullups - 6 sets

Back extension 4 sets 80,80,90,90

Cool down with 10min spinning

Will, I really hope you aren't neglecting your legs and hips. I just know you must be performing deadlifts and ass to grass squats on your "legs day". Grip and rip dude. thumbs_up.gif

PS: Reducing the volume (amount of sets) on your other lifts and throwing some bent rows in wouldn't hurt you either. That seems like an awful lot of volume to me (general rule is no more than 20 sets in a single workout), but, everyone's work capacity is different.

scott_harpell said:

to answer your question blake. i find myself to be in pretty fucking good shape all around, but some people on this board are freaking maniacs. mabe you should partner up with one of these guys and find out for yourself. dare ya! wave.gif

hon you are like 22 you don't even have to try to be in shape yet tongue.gif