Gear Stolen at Smith Rock

rockrat16

When I was a kid my dad instaled an after market alarm with a hidden switch, you had 30 seconds to turn it off after opening the door, this old fashond method worked well untill they put a sock in the noise making part. Maybe this old technology is better than the new radiio alarms. My neigbor is able to listen in on peoples cordless phone conversations so it may be possible to turn off the alarm with a home made transmitter. NO OUTDOOR STICKERS. DRIVE AN OLD CAR, THE MORE DENTS THE BETTER.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of stickers, one of my climbing partners only sticker on his Trooper is a NRA sticker, Keeps the locals from thinking you are an enviormentalist or liberal and it has never been broken in with 100's of trailhead parks, even when others got broken into. tongue.gif" border="0

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: To The Top ]

quote:

Originally posted by rbw1966:

Sure is. I have a friend who worked at a rental car lot. One key opened every model of a particular manufacturer.

i wont debate with you, cuz i am sure you are right.....but you need to remember that that is a rental fleet, and the vehicle manufactur has leasing and supply aggrements with the rental agencies.......and so they can and do provide generic key coding to vehicles......

so as far as standard consumer vehicles go, no you are wrong...no as far as mass fleet vehicles go you are partially right....

It sounds like his Subaru bandit has taken quite a haul. They must be unloading it somewhere and my guess would be at Second hand Sporting goods stores. I'd suggest enlisting the help of places like Second Ascent, Second Base, Play it Again and more likely Portland/Bend area stores.If they were given an inventory of stolen goods they could look for specific items and also when they purchase gear the clerks could be looking for some trends like the same guy selling nice pro every couple weeks.

my 2 cents

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:
I've been going to Smith for years in my Soob (plastered in stickers) with no such incident. It's sucks to hear it's starting to happen more and more. I'm down with the idea of a sting operation this weekend. Let's string the sucker up by his feet from the Monkey Face anchors.

i'm down for the sting, let me know when/where, i got a big ass dog who is a total puss, but it would be fun to put peanut butter on the bastard and watch my dog chub on him(dude, that sounded really bad tongue.gif" border="0 )

I don't have any stickers on my subaru and it is pretty dented and dirty. It's definately not loaded and there were newer better looking cars in the lot than mine.

Unfortunately I don't have a dog yet. frown.gif" border="0

I have an idea, what if I put a one of those gag plastic shits on the seat or a plastic pile of vomit. That might stop someone from breaking in. Especially if it had been a hot smoldering day. Yummy!!

I am not too sure if they were actually climbers because they didn't take my brand new pair of Mythos shoes and there was a six pack of microbrews back there, too. [Wazzup]

I gotta Subaru, not a real nice one, but i was thinking of Smith for this long weekend.... anybody want to help me set up the sting? If one'a you wants to volunteer to park a van next to it and hide in van all weekend looking for miscreants while I climb, I would much appreciate it... I will help with the beatings we dish out too.

I usually find that leaving stinky socks scattered around the inside of the car works wonders, for theft proofing. The squalor of road tripping is not just for show, its protective, like skunk spray. wink.gif" border="0