the army and bushco lied

erik

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey does anyone want to give jessica lynch a big hand for having the guts to come out and expose some of the army's lies and shameless media spin? i seem to recall a thread a little while back how she didn't deserve the medal she got so let's give the kid some credit for something.

THREE CHEERS FOR JESSICA!!! too bad she's one of the few people in the department of defence will to speak the truth (although i guess she's out now.) jeez.

j_b said:

i find it interesting that some people have no problems with having regular joes being better informed than their president on so many issues.

rolleyes.gif did you know anymore than GWB when he got his press release? ne eh. you didn't even know it happened. i still think the guy's a doof, but i dont think he is a liar. i think he really does believe the shit comming outta his piehole.

scott_harpell said:

rolleyes.gif did you know anymore than GWB when he got his press release? ne eh. you didn't even know it happened. i still think the guy's a doof, but i dont think he is a liar. i think he really does believe the shit comming outta his piehole.

well, it's true bush acknowledged only reading headlines himself then having to be filled in by his staff.

i don't know about you but within a couple of days of the 'rescue op.', i had read several articles about the doctor who travelled to the us camp to tell them where she was and how well they cared for her ... to be turned around without being able to tell his story as well as how the dramatic story of the rescue was overblown because the iraqi military was long gone from the hospital.

i find it hard to believe that nobody in the administration heard about it until now.

J_B-

That's the point: the only way Bush and Co. could NOT have known that the story was completely overblown (actually it was just about totally false) was if they deliberately ignored available information. Jessica Lynch was just a pathetic bit of propaganda but it is part of a whole: and Rumsfeld himself publicly stated in May that the whole administration effort was toward selling the war (he used that word) rather than presenting what was actually going on. One may argue that politicians always lie and this is just situation normal, but I think Bush and Co have taken it to a whole new height and the suggestion that Bush himself is somehow a victim of his handlers and actually believes what he is saying is just another illustration of that phenomenon: the implication is that while the commander in chief doesn't know what is going on, we'll let him avoid any responsibility for that by saying that he probably believes what he is saying and nobody should be so crude as to call him a liar. That's what I call sticking our head in the sand and blindly wrapping ourselves in the flag.

mattp said:

J_B-

That's the point: the only way Bush and Co. could NOT have known that the story was completely overblown (actually it was just about totally false) was if they deliberately ignored available information. Jessica Lynch was just a pathetic bit of propaganda but it is part of a whole: and Rumsfeld himself publicly stated in May that the whole administration effort was toward selling the war (he used that word) rather than presenting what was actually going on. One may argue that politicians always lie and this is just situation normal, but I think Bush and Co have taken it to a whole new height and the suggestion that Bush himself is somehow a victim of his handlers and actually believes what he is saying is just another illustration of that phenomenon: the implication is that while the commander in chief doesn't know what is going on, we'll let him avoid any responsibility for that by saying that he probably believes what he is saying and nobody should be so crude as to call him a liar. That's what I call sticking our head in the sand and blindly wrapping ourselves in the flag.

Absolutely; Bush has repeatedly shown himself to be a liar simply in the way he presents himself and his policies by campaigning to appear moderate or left(compassionate conservative rolleyes.gif)and then implementing to the right,or whatever will please the right wing business and religious conservatives.The way I was raised,that is called LYING,saying one thing and doing another.To some extent he's just a stooge for Cheney,Rove and Wolfowitz,but he is Texan to the core,and when I was growing up in Ft.Worth,I often heard it said that in business and politics in Texas,the shortest distance between two points was thru a tunnel.Bush and crew have simply brought that way of operating to the national level.He certainly doesn't think that everything he's saying is true,but I think he does believe that it's OK to say whatever needs to be said,to make things move in the desired direction.Furthermore,he and his handlers do actually believe in the rightness of the policies they're pursuing.Dick Cheney was my representive when I lived near the little town of Pinedale,Wyoming for about 10 years from mid 70's to mid 80's.I was very active in local and state environmental issues at the time,and every time he came to town(Pinedale was the county seat)he would set up a table at the public library and anyone who wanted could go talk to him one-on-one for up to 20 or 30 minutes.(Pinedale is a really small town)I have sat across that table face to face with him many,many times,and he is one of the most chillingly manipulative,unfeeling,deceptive men I have ever met.He is Machiavelli's Prince in the flesh,as cool and tough a customer as they come,and I have little doubt that he can literally kill with about as much emotion as you would take a piss.In all my talks with him about our local values of closeness to the land and community,the sanctity of wilderness,the irreplaceable fabric of wild ecosystems,etc., I never once saw the slightest spark of true emotion or empathy; it was like talking to a stone.To him all such concerns are merely matters of commerce and resources,the deployment and distribution of goods,services and power.Since I left that area,just about all the old longtime ranchers in the county have been forced out of business.Who now owns these lands?Dick Cheney,James Baker,Armand Hammer,Adnan Khashoggi,James Watt(remember him?) and various other assorted Reagan/Bush cronies. Cheney is most likely the ACTUAL President of the US right now,and has been since Bush was inaugurated.Bush is the willing,admiring and grateful student,mouthpeice and errand boy. mad.gif

Mtguide said:

mattp said:

J_B-

Absolutely; Bush has repeatedly shown himself to be a liar simply in the way he presents himself and his policies by campaigning to appear moderate or left(compassionate conservative rolleyes.gif)and then implementing to the right,or whatever will please the right wing business and religious conservatives.The way I was raised,that is called LYING,saying one thing and doing another.To some extent he's just a stooge for Cheney,Rove and Wolfowitz,but he is Texan to the core,and when I was growing up in Ft.Worth,I often heard it said that in business and politics in Texas,the shortest distance between two points was thru a tunnel.Bush and crew have simply brought that way of operating to the national level.He certainly doesn't think that everything he's saying is true,but I think he does believe that it's OK to say whatever needs to be said,to make things move in the desired direction.Furthermore,he and his handlers do actually believe in the rightness of the policies they're pursuing.Dick Cheney was my representive when I lived near the little town of Pinedale,Wyoming for about 10 years from mid 70's to mid 80's.I was very active in local and state environmental issues at the time,and every time he came to town(Pinedale was the county seat)he would set up a table at the public library and anyone who wanted could go talk to him one-on-one for up to 20 or 30 minutes.(Pinedale is a really small town)I have sat across that table face to face with him many,many times,and he is one of the most chillingly manipulative,unfeeling,deceptive men I have ever met.He is Machiavelli's Prince in the flesh,as cool and tough a customer as they come,and I have little doubt that he can literally kill with about as much emotion as you would take a piss.In all my talks with him about our local values of closeness to the land and community,the sanctity of wilderness,the irreplaceable fabric of wild ecosystems,etc., I never once saw the slightest spark of true emotion or empathy; it was like talking to a stone.To him all such concerns are merely matters of commerce and resources,the deployment and distribution of goods,services and power.Since I left that area,just about all the old longtime ranchers in the county have been forced out of business.Who now owns these lands?Dick Cheney,James Baker,Armand Hammer,Adnan Khashoggi,James Watt(remember him?) and various other assorted Reagan/Bush cronies. Cheney is most likely the ACTUAL President of the US right now,and has been since Bush was inaugurated.Bush is the willing,admiring and grateful student,mouthpeice and errand boy. mad.gif

Geez, that was well said (both). I knew they had power by the way they got back into the White House. hellno3d.gif

Has anybody noticed the marked dropoff in pro-Bush posters? These politcal spray threads are almost completely filled with anti-bushies preaching to the choir. Must be the crap lately is getting a little too crappy for all but the most stupid Bush lovers.

What I don't get is how in hell can anybody say the fact that Bush didn't know he's lying is a reasonable defense? If Bush is told what to do by his "people" to this extent, then who is running the country? His "people" obviously. So, by voting Bush in, you are chosing as leaders of our country Bush's "people", THE ONES THAT ARE SO BLATANTLY LYING TO YOU.

Also, to those "moderates" out there who are saying that Gore was a poor choice too: Do you truly believe that we would be in this Iraq mess with Gore running the country?

chucK said:

Has anybody noticed the marked dropoff in pro-Bush posters? These politcal spray threads are almost completely filled with anti-bushies preaching to the choir.

....You answered your own question there, chucK. "Anti-bushies preaching to the choir".

What's the point in arguing with a lock-step, hysterical group like so many of you here? Maybe we should just let the chips fall where they may, say, in November next year? ...Ah, but then many of the left-fringe here have utter contempt for the electorate at large, and would simply explain away a second Bush term in their usual pompus, arrogant, self-absorbed way.

I will say this: I don't like GWB as much as I dislike the Democrat(ic?) alternatives.