Jon! Tim! Please Please Please....

Peter_Puget

“Porr Spelling and grammer reflect porly on are sport”

Is there some way to possibly put a spell check feature in? CC.comers [myself included] seem to be handicapped with regard to basic spelling and grammar. While in such a congenial forum such as this only a bore would condemn another on the basis of such errors, my concern is with how this reflects on the “climbing community.” At least we need the ability to correct/modify topic titles after they have been created. Please the NPS, the Forest Service, various unions and others are watching us. How will we be judged.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:
“Porr Spelling and grammer reflect porly on are sport” How will we be judged.

WITH A BEER IN OUR HAND, A SMILE ON OUR FACE AND A HOT SEXY WOMAN WHO SHARES OUR LOVE FOR THE MOUNTAINS AND FINE CULTURE IN OUR ARMS!!!!

JERKS!!!! grin.gif" border="0

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

Yes.... maybe, finally, cc.com is THE PLACE where all grammar and spelling errors will be magically repaired.

That's one of the worst parts of internet culture: learning about the generally piss-poor mechanics of all of us who seem to ahve the time to post on these boards.

quote:

Originally posted by bobinc:
Yes.... maybe, finally, cc.com is THE PLACE where all grammar and spelling errors will be magically repaired.

That's one of the worst parts of internet culture: learning about the generally piss-poor mechanics of all of us who seem to
ahve
the time to post on these boards.

Bwahahahaha! [laf]

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: slothrop ]

Yes, and I too join the ranks of those displeased with the poor grammer found upon this website.

There are some who are seemingly unaware that a preposition is something one should never end a sentence with. wink.gif" border="0

Censorship isn't the same as editing (or shouldn't be). There's a big difference between the occasional typo and a sentence that is so full of errors that it's hard to figure out what is being said. It's just plain inconsiderate to expect others to decipher a badly done offering.

quote:

Originally posted by greenfork:
Not only that, but you ended the sentence with a preposition, after saying you shouldn't!!I wonder weather you get you're homonyms mixed up to, and wouldn't know it.

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: greenfork ]

How is the weather in homonym anyway?

quote:

Originally posted by greenfork:
Not only that, but you ended the sentence with a preposition, after saying you shouldn't!!I wonder
weather
you get
you're
homonyms
mixed up
to
, and wouldn't know it.

Very nice. Took me a while to get it, sadly. At first I thought you were a moron. smile.gif" border="0

Michael

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: mmcmurra ]