The Bush Economy?

Fairweather

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif i love you guys.... one side brings out stats... the other says stats are bullshit... the other side brings out stats... the other side say stats are bullshit... you are all just puppets singing the tune your puppet masters write for you... repeat after me. i can think for myself. i dont need partisan politics to tell me how i feel about an issue. now breath and repeat ad nauseum...

scott_harpell said:

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif i love you guys.... one side brings out stats... the other says stats are bullshit... the other side brings out stats... the other side say stats are bullshit... you are all just puppets singing the tune your puppet masters write for you... repeat after me. i can think for myself. i dont need partisan politics to tell me how i feel about an issue. now breath and repeat ad nauseum...

I love presidents of of both parties claiming responsibility for good news that they might or might not have effected. When bad news happens it isn't their fault though wazzup.gif

Dave_Schuldt said:

It's hardly a trend yet. Don't speak too soon.

Isn't the trend that for the past 2 years, the GDP has been increasing an average of roughly 3%. I would consider that a upward trend.

However, we still need those jobs to start increasing and there are other things to fix as well, I am not saying everything is honky dory, but I do see a trend...

AlpineK said:

scott_harpell said:

I love presidents of of both parties claiming responsibility for good news that they might or might not have effected. When bad news happens it isn't their fault though wazzup.gif

tru 'nuff thumbs_up.gif

OK, if the nubers hold I'll have to hand it to Bush. I hate the guy, but I blammed hi pa for the recession of the early 90's, I blammed Clinton for the prosperity of the late 90's. So it seems fair to give Jr. the credit for the current economy. If the numbers stay up, hurrah! retirement fund grows. If they go down, hello president Dean. Its a win win situation. But along those lines I'm going to be consistant. when next months numbers come out at a 1.5% annual growth rate and have adjusted the recent ones down, I'll still give Jr. credit.

wave.gif

hakioawa said:

OK, if the nubers hold I'll have to hand it to Bush. I hate the guy, but I blammed hi pa for the recession of the early 90's, I blammed Clinton for the prosperity of the late 90's. So it seems fair to give Jr. the credit for the current economy. If the numbers stay up, hurrah! retirement fund grows. If they go down, hello president Dean. Its a win win situation. But along those lines I'm going to be consistant. when next months numbers come out at a 1.5% annual growth rate and have adjusted the recent ones down, I'll still give Jr. credit.

wave.gif

Wow! Never thought I'd hear you say that. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Fairweather said:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20031030_2396.html

I wonder if Democrats and assorted Bush-haters still want to use that "Bush economy" label they're so fond of?

No doubt j_b will now chime in to remind us that the glass is still half empty.

Very interesting article and lets all hope the numbers are real and not just a smokescreen for next years election!

""Job growth is the key to a sustained economic expansion," said Bill Cheney, ..." Any relation I wonder? confused.gif

"The nation's payrolls grew by 57,000 in September the first increase in eight months...

In other encouraging economic news from the Labor Department, new claims for unemployment benefits last week dropped by 5,000 to 386,000, a sign that layoffs are slowing. U.S. workers' wages and benefits rose 1 percent in the third quarter, compared with 0.9 percent from April through June."

Still more work to do. We just laid off two more crews at my job!

"He added: "We're on the right track, but we've got work to do.""

You can say that again!

""It is a little like a drunk going on a binge," said Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D. "It feels good for a while but you all know that the hangover is coming.""

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Craig