A Climb You MIGHT Solo

EWolfe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MisterE said:

Given good conditions, together head, right attitude, and good strength blush.gifcrazy.gifsmile.giflaugh.gifcool.giffruit.gif

Karate Crack, Heart of the Country, George and Martha, Diedre.

i have been trying to psych up to solo Snake for years but I'm a chicken... every time i go up on lead i ask myself if i can do it solo...the fingers and toes say yes but the head says no.

Dru said:

MisterE said:

Given good conditions, together head, right attitude, and good strength blush.gifcrazy.gifsmile.giflaugh.gifcool.giffruit.gif

Karate Crack, Heart of the Country, George and Martha, Diedre.

i have been trying to psych up to solo Snake for years but I'm a chicken... every time i go up on lead i ask myself if i can do it solo...the fingers and toes say yes but the head says no.

Yeah - that traverse always scares me. Same with Outer Space. blush.gif

Bill_Simpkins said:

Maybe Banana Peel If I was more comfortable with the move at the finger travese on end of the wave pitch.I've never biffed that move, but solo would be a bit weird for me. That rest of the climb is a breeze. Some climbs on the Apron are so runout anyways, a rope would do much good.

Hey Bill I know what you mean aboutthat finger traverse mmove. That wasthe stopper for me for a long time. Finally I went for it and it was almost easier on solo cause you can use all the finger locks instead of stuffing gear it.

Calculus Crack is another real good solo, bomberr positive locks through thecrux and hard to fall off ther rest - I think the crux is actually the wet corner on the approach pitches - I found Mtn Masters are better for that than rock shoes cause its so dirty most times.