Weekend Trundle Report

Cpt.Caveman

I was scrambling through some bushes this weekend and came across the idea of a Weekend Trundle Report.

If you have a digi camera feel compelled to safely trundle link it.

I will next summer trundle more and report with video when possible. I hope someone else does. Trundling is fun if you are not harming anyone.

If anyone has a new or old trundle video we should see it. Bronco forgot to remind me to trundle and video it with the camera.

Cheers. wave.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ten years ago, a partner and I were on the Full N rdge of Stuart down low by the snow when a VW Van sized block came down the ice cliff glacier. The ground was shaking, we were screamin and so was the party above us. It left some huge divets.

rockband.gif

bigdrink.gif

amazing.

My view is not to get a report unless you video it so everyone can share. Alhtough that does not disqualify any verbal\written reports either. It's fun to share if you can and I dont want to alienate any trundle reports fruit.gif

There is something to be said about the joy of safely trundling. I am sure many people have done it. Maybe at the end of each season we might have the best of 2004 trundles for instance. wazzup.gifthumbs_up.gif

Edited by Cpt.Caveman

It looks like a perfect spot for it.

Most of the time in order to capture spontaneous ice or maybe not you have to wait. Go for it is all I am saying.

The person that captures the pocket of death glacier on slesse sliding in entirety or mostly will be the trundle reporter of the decade hahaha.gif

AmberBuxom said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

Most of the time in order to capture spontaneous ice or maybe not you have to wait. Go for it is all I am saying.

whaaat? id rather watch paint dry or asphalt grow. pitty.gif

Yes you admittedly might. I would rather climb. If I saw paint dry and filmed it I would immediately report it to the police. rolleyes.gif

Caveman: I know the feeling of wishing I had it on film. About 20 years ago or so, I had hiked up to the top of Barrett spur (what ? 9000 feet elev or therabouts?) and was sitting staring at the north side of Mt Hood, just hangin out by myself for most of the day, no camera either. There was an ice cliff of I guestimate several hundred feet high which collapsed off of the lower part of Coe icefall. All I can say was damn impressive. It was like somebody had pulled the bottom can of peas out of the supermarket display. I remember thinking that it most certainly would have killed anybody unfortunate enough to be caught walking across the relatively flat ice below the cliff, there were huge (much bigger than a VW bus size) blocks that collapsed and then swept down quite some distance. The roaring, smacking and cracking noise was something to behold.

Well, I guess its time for some jackass to show up and hijack the thread with flames now. I'm already sorry I posted this. I hope somebody shows up with some interesting video though.

Dear, billcoe

Well, I guess its time for some jackass to show up and hijack the thread with flames now. I'm already sorry I posted this

Sounds cool to me. And this is the exact type of discussion I am looking for. Whether or not you have a video is irrelevent.

My intentions of creating this topic are-

In the future I would like anyone to record human or nature examples of this type as long as nobody is injured.

I remember seeing a good trundle this weekend but not the best I have seen. So I figured to start the discussion.

Thanks for sharing.

Billygoat said:

Trundled a "manhole cover" sized plate by accident Saturday. Love that sulphur smell. I was skiing on the Quien Sabe Glacier a couple of springs ago and witnessed a huge piece of the hanging glacier on JBerg calve and trundle down into the drainage! Truly Thunderous!

Watching and hearing the glacier calving on JBerg is one of my favorite passtimes in the Boston Basin area. Other than climbing loose blocky ridges of course. grin.gif

Cavey - can we post video on this site?

ehmmic said:

Billygoat said:

Trundled a "manhole cover" sized plate by accident Saturday. Love that sulphur smell. I was skiing on the Quien Sabe Glacier a couple of springs ago and witnessed a huge piece of the hanging glacier on JBerg calve and trundle down into the drainage! Truly Thunderous!

Watching and hearing the glacier calving on JBerg is one of my favorite passtimes in the Boston Basin area. Other than climbing loose blocky ridges of course. grin.gif

You sound like my kind of partner. bigdrink.gif