It looked easy, but it kicked my.....

Peter_Puget

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norsky said:

bird said:

I have gotten my ass handed to me so many times in so many different ways that I don't even know where to begin. cry.gif

I'll help you get started. How about Karate Crack? Cool Ranch? Ol' Orange at the gym?

Bastard. Always bringing up the Karate Crack meltdown. Everyone on this site calls it a 8+/9-. How do you think that makes me feel? cry.gifmadgo_ron.gif Maybe it is your *soft belay* technique that gets me in a dark place while leading. You know... the big loop of slack laying on the ground... the distant gaze in your eyes while daydreaming of chasing butterflies when you were a wee child... hahaha.gif

Charlie said:

Norsky said:

How about that 5.6 chimney first pitch of Royal Arches? Remember that one? So polished!

Never mind that, how about that 5.2 slab traverse at the end -GRIPPED!-

Very good point. That last pitch was some serious BS. We wanted to top out so that we could check out the notorious North Dome Gully descent without haul bags. My God how hot that day was!

Peter_Puget said:

Fern's handcrack question got me thinking about what routes looked easy but ended up kicking your rear.

First on my list is Hot Cherry Bendover. It looks like a short 5.8 route but it is actually pretty darn hard. Too bad it is off limits now.

PP bigdrink.gif

If you miss HCB, just go down and try Red Nails. Just a short vertical crack, no missing sections, but stopped me right off the ground. I think it qualifies as looking easy, if you don't check the guide.