It looked easy, but it kicked my.....

Peter_Puget

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crack said:

march of the kitchen utensils

and hers in grotto in front of a fresh busload of canadien tourons...

March was an awesome route! When I did it, I looked up and thought it ended much sooner than it did so I was short gear. I ran out the last half of the route.

The waaaaaaay sandbagged 5.7 Alcoa Presents at Seneca Rocks, WV. This quintessential "Seneca 7" kicked my ass in my early days of climbing.

When you announce around the campfire that you "climbed Alcoa", the first question posed to you is, "Did you step on the pin?" You hang your head and humbly nod in agreement that you did. Many a climber who fancied themselves a 5.8/.9 trad leader has stepped on that aluminum pin from which the route gets its name. Damn near everybody does it on the first try. It's a humbling experience...

slothrop said:

That short fist crack at the base of GNS (first pitch of Aries?) kicked my butt the first couple times I did it. I had to pull on gear because my technique was weak cry.gif. There's really just one move you have to commit to -- getting a foot in the crack.

Heck, that's not a fist crack, it's a cupped hands crack. No wonder you thought it was hard! tongue.gif

Norsky said:

jshamster said:

First pitch Reg. route Fairview Dome.

Slippery! smile.gif

How about that cool pitch above when you yard on that chopper flake/block that is gonna kill someone someday.

Word! A thought provoking block for sure.

I miss T-Meadows. Think I'll go next week. grin.gif