smith question

sk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round River 5.4 *** on Koala Rock is a nice-n-easy multi-pitch. After rap'n down, you could stick and do some other stuff below 5.9 on the back or front sides, or head over to the Marsupials do the Cave route 5.6. It makes for a day of easy climbing with just quickdraws, a sling, and a sport anchor. The views are great.

Ginger Snap, Easy Reader and the Pioneer Route on Monkey Face are others that shouldn't be intimidating.

'Course these may be beneath you according to your sport-leading ability.

Good Luck. I'm a slave to the almighty dollar this weekend.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Sphinx said:

buckets, bunny, jete, dancer, nine gallon buckets, purple headed warrior, phone call from satan, light on the path, the llamas thing by pheonix, jeez look in the Bible!

thumbs_up.gif cool, stuff I haven't done wink.gif

One of the best moderates at the park:

go up the crack in the corner next (to the left) to karate crack...dunno the name of this...when you reach the belay, you will see a bolt line that trends slightly to the right of the arete that forms at the stance you are on...don't know the name of this either, but it is airy and exposed and fun climbing...5.8-ish...good route...DO IT!!!

I liked katherine finds an edge. It is in the suppliment book. just uphill from dancer and jete. It goes right up the ridge from asterix pass. It is an easy 5.7ish climb with more exposure than most climbs since you can see both sides of the ridge. If you want to TR use lots of directionals because if you just lower off you end up near the top of dancer.

matt_warfield said:

RuMR: Don't you mean "right" of Karate Crack? If so, you are probably talking about a second pitch to

Cinammon Slab, of which there are several options.

Yes...my bad...to the right IN THE CORNER...the second pitch that i'm talking about then veers off left and finishes up the slab trending to the right of the arete...it is bolted face climbing...

matt_warfield said:

RuMR: Don't you mean "right" of Karate Crack? If so, you are probably talking about a second pitch to Cinammon Slab, of which there are several options.

That's what I thought, too... Cinnamon Slab is an easy 5.6 crack; if you don't have trad gear, that ledge can also be reached via Ginger Snap.

I saw people on that route the last time I was there. The double-rope rappel looked fun! Is there a walk off?

Dru said:

first kiss on kiss of the lepers

5 pitch fully sportified 5.8

follow line of bolts for 5 pitches to the summit. walk down. take helmet for when partner breaks off nubbins onto your head.

that sounds fun thumbs_up.gif thanks Dru wink.gif

at top of second pitch do not head up and right towards a lone bolt, but go left along a bolted 4th class ledge and around a corner out of sight. from here you'll be able to see the rest of the route.

Dru said:

first kiss on kiss of the lepers

5 pitch fully sportified 5.8

follow line of bolts for 5 pitches to the summit. walk down. take helmet for when partner breaks off nubbins onto your head.

that sounds fun thumbs_up.gif thanks Dru wink.gif
Yeah, I was wishing I had a helmet. Luckily, Dru has bad aim and I was able to dodge the debris he rained down on me. yellaf.gif

The third pitch is a traverse to the left, so don't get suckered by the bolts to the right (but Dru just said that). Other than that, fun and easy. thumbs_up.gif