Little Yosemite

JRCO

A few years ago while climbing at Fossil Rock I over heard some local Yelm climbers talking about a place called "Little Yosemite". It was a big secret that only a select few people were supposed to know about. It is supposedly located some where between Yelm and the Nisqually entrance to Rainier. Any one have any info?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been there many times...it's more like squamish than yosemite....but there are huge granite cliffs and splitter cracks....me and timothy leary climbed about 15 first ascents...the rock is so clean you don't even need to brush on lead....when we have finish all 9,000 or so FA's i will publish a guide book, open a mini mart at the cliffs, and get rich...keep searching and you may find it....

Ok here's a question, which I can't investigate because I don't have the right CAG here. On your way to Hannigan Pass from the parking lot there is what appears to be granite domes to the left (north?), looks like it has some potential. Has anyone checked these out.

Not sure about any little Yosemite.

I grew up down and in pierce county and used to scratch around a lot down there.

I have done some new obscure routes at the Eatonville crag. The cliff has rock quality that is complete shit -- garbage is about 500 feet high, not really a little Yosemite.

It could be a quarry down there that a hardman took me to years ago but I am sworn to secrecy of.

The cliffs in the high rock lookou t are big but garbge rock.