Batten down the hatches

allthumbs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was one of the reasons to live out on the East Coast when I was there. Those storms are cool and they create good surf. I always looked forward to hurricane season. I have some fond memories playing in 12 foot waves where they are normally 3 at the most, canoeing down the street one time, being able to stand at almost a 45 degree angle into the wind, and jumping and flying with an open jacket. Fun times, yeah I'm a little cantfocus.gif

ken4ord said:

For me it was one of the reasons to live out on the East Coast when I was there. Those storms are cool and they create good surf. I always looked forward to hurricane season. I have some fond memories playing in 12 foot waves where they are normally 3 at the most, canoeing down the street one time, being able to stand at almost a 45 degree angle into the wind, and jumping and flying with an open jacket. Fun times, yeah I'm a little cantfocus.gif

a little more than a little wink.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

ken4ord said:

a little more than a little wink.gif

True dat...

Sphinx said:

rerason number 4,500 I am glad I do not live on the east coast shocked.gif

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif You ever been to the east coast??? yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif
You better watch it PUNK!!!! I know who you are evils3d.gif although this is indeed true... it matters not. I will visit anywhere some day wink.gif

rerason number 4,500 I am glad I do not live on the east coast shocked.gif

This is actually one of the reasons I miss the East Coast. I oved the real storms they get there, not like the pansy assed rain showers we get here.

Although I must say last night's Lightning was pretty good! blush.gif

FLASH! 1...2...3... BOOOM

FLASH! 1...2...BOOM!

fLASH! 1..BOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

blush.gifeek.gif

ken4ord said:

I was driving through Georgia once to check out a bouldering area in the north, and saw ball lightning - crazy shit. cantfocus.gif

MisterE said:

ken4ord said:

I was driving through Georgia once to check out a bouldering area in the north, and saw ball lightning - crazy shit. cantfocus.gif

Did you hit Rocktown? Dat place is cool, I am not a boulder by any means but I had fun there a couple of days.

ken4ord said:

MisterE said:

ken4ord said:

Did you hit Rocktown? Dat place is cool, I am not a boulder by any means but I had fun there a couple of days.

That was the place! Nice climbing, solid stone, beautiful setting, and warm in December.

This thread seems like the appropriate place to confess that, yes it's true, RobBob sprays from the right coast (a few of you figgered it out, unless somebody got drunk and spread the word the_finger.gif). In fact I am looking down the snout of this fucker that will come barreling ashore on us in NC tomorrow. frown.gif

Sailboat is storm-anchored, sunroom windows boarded, and the wind is already 25-gusting 35 kts like a nor'easter on the water in front of my home. Family is shipping westward as I hunker down locally so's I can monitor the business interests. As somebody here said, big-weather shit like this has an element of excitement to it. On the other hand, I've got a lot to lose if the shit really hits the fan, and I can see it's unnerving for our little kids.

Okay, I'm bracing for the duffelbag of shit you guys are about to give me for bein' an easterner. Now ya know that since I can only scam trips to the west every-so-often, I'm happy when I can tackle gumby dog-routes. Geek_em8.gif

RobBob said:

This thread seems like the appropriate place to confess that, yes it's true, RobBob sprays from the right coast (a few of you figgered it out, unless somebody got drunk and spread the word the_finger.gif). In fact I am looking down the snout of this fucker that will come barreling ashore on us in NC tomorrow. frown.gif

Sailboat is storm-anchored, sunroom windows boarded, and the wind is already 25-gusting 35 kts like a nor'easter on the water in front of my home. Family is shipping westward as I hunker down locally so's I can monitor the business interests. As somebody here said, big-weather shit like this has an element of excitement to it. On the other hand, I've got a lot to lose if the shit really hits the fan, and I can see it's unnerving for our little kids.

Okay, I'm bracing for the duffelbag of shit you guys are about to give me for bein' an easterner. Now ya know that since I can only scam trips to the west every-so-often, I'm happy when I can tackle gumby dog-routes. Geek_em8.gif

i wont give you shit for being from the right coast. but i will give ya some for gettin worked up over a category 2 storm. rolleyes.gif

RobBob said:

I feel like you have been cheeting on me cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif I feel so betrayed cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif Scoundral

p.s. Stay safe wink.gif

RobBob said:

I've got relatives down in Wilmington, N.C. They are messed up too. wave.gif

RobBob said:

Sailboat is storm-anchored, sunroom windows boarded, and the wind is already 25-gusting 35 kts like a nor'easter on the water in front of my home.

double them lines. you got that fucker anchored bahama style? the surge will back out too. hope ya got fresh batteries and an extra bilge pump setup. cant ya get it in a slip?

i wont give you shit for being from the right coast. but i will give ya some for gettin worked up over a category 2 storm.

this is a big storm that was category 5 to begin with. true it may even blow down more before hitting shore...but good chance it'll hit NC coast with 100mph winds. I can expect a 6-10' storm surge at my house, and one hell of a lot of energy pounding on my seawalls. After most of a lifetime on the water, I've learned that the storm category is only part of the picture...where you are in the path, the size of the storm, the rainfall all are factors.

thanks muffy! thumbs_up.gif

double them lines. you got that fucker anchored bahama style? the surge will back out too. hope ya got fresh batteries and an extra bilge pump setup. cant ya get it in a slip?

lummox, 'round here nobody wants you at their dock anymore during hurricanes, and marinas threaten to sue folks that leave'em there. We have sand and muck bottoms around here that can be dicey at anchoranges, especially with a bunch of idiots who anchor too close to other boats. Yep, she's double-anchored in the best-sheltered cove I know...now's not the time for me to chestbeat about my boating handling skills, lest I end up with a boat pictured in the news Friday!