1. 1. which is he?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jon said:

I've got three questions for Beck.

1.) Who is we? You keep saying we in your planning. I want to know who we is.

2.) Exactly what input have you taken from me, Mattp, and K?

3.) Why do you keep refering to everyone as dirtbag climbers?

I'm sorry I had to post this here but you have pretty much avoided adressing my questions in private emails.

shocked.gif blizzam!

jon.

i'm not ignoring your PM questions,i haven't seen any lately, i'm not able to look up my email from this computer.

1) we are the half dozen people planning ropeup.

2) I've listened to your concerns since we met after the Scott Backes show and you voiced your concern about the directions for this year's ropeup. I did invite you to plan more, but you are busy.

I've also listened to Mattp and alpine k about the event, and erik, and ehmic, and have adjusted event as possible (it's mac and jack's erik, and no hefe!!)

3)it's an affectionate name i have for people who climb. if you are comfortable sleeping in the dirt, you are a dirtbagger (actually, it takes a lot more than that, but you get an idea)

it's meant to empthasize the grassroots ness of the event, which will have no body walking around with radios!

jeesh, it's not hempfest, it's not washington trails day, it's ropeup!

trask said:

... I think the climbers around here should go or not go, but give the shit talk a rest. What's done is done. ...

There are two sides to every story. There is no truth, as it is always a matter of individual perception. There is no right or wrong, only choices.

I agree that it is what it is, and you can choose to either participate or not.

jkrueger said:

trask said:

... I think the climbers around here should go or not go, but give the shit talk a rest. What's done is done. ...

There are two sides to every story. There is no truth, as it is always a matter of individual perception. There is no right or wrong, only choices.

I agree that it is what it is, and you can choose to either participate or not.

but the truth does not necessarily lie exactly in the middle of either 'sides'.

Here I will answer my own questions.

1.) How many of the people are cc.com regulars or are involved in some aspect of running the site in your handfull of people.

A.) The answer is zero. I am no longer involved because quite frankly you didn't listen to what I have to say. The other people involved are AAC people who really want to associate themselves with this site because of our success. That is fine, but they can't hijack our event.

2.) What input have you taken from the people I mentioned earlier.

A.) The answer is very little. We aren't having Hefe, wow thanks. I said I thought it would be appropriate if you are going to get a whole bunch of sponsors for stuff that we talk to the cc.com sponsors who are committed to the cc.com community if they wanted to be involved in the cc.com event. Now they are involved and I wish they weren't. Like I told you the site depends on these guys.

3.) Why do you keep saying dirtbag.

A.) You keep using the word dirtbag as a smokescreen for the fact that you have turned this into "something corporate". There is no grassroots to this event this year. Last year yes, which btw you didn't help plan AT ALL. Explain to me the reasoning that you think you can are the one almighty in charge of it this year when you did nothing last year?

another sponsor agreed to throw in a keg, tg was out. even though it is mac and jack, and not pyramid.

Yeah this is really classy. We'll just throw the guy who donated beer last year aside.

How many kegs are you getting versus how many is he bringing to Smith. Take into consideration it's coming out of his pocket and not some OR writeoff.

jon said:

another sponsor agreed to throw in a keg, tg was out. even though it is mac and jack, and not pyramid.

Yeah this is really classy. We'll just throw the guy who donated beer last year aside.

How many kegs are you getting versus how many is he bringing to Smith. Take into consideration it's coming out of his pocket and not some OR writeoff.

I agree fully with Jon on this one. Pretty brutal to just 'oust' good ol' TG, who has been more than generous with the libations.

Beck said:

tg was out like a hot potato once we mentioned pyramid to him, i even pm'ed him ,and talked to him on the phone, AND told him we'd drop pyramid if that was the objection, and he still said no...

I'm a little confused on this: first you say you couldn't get in touch with him then you say you pm'ed him and spoke to him on the phone.

wazzup.gif

rbw, this is getting mre deadhorse every post,

i tried contacting TG early this year.

we never connected.

the day he heard Pyramid was donating a keg, he jumped ship like a kid on the titantic, said he hated them.

later, when we communicated via emails and on phone, he consistently denied his suport, even after i told him we would pull pyramid brewery if he felt that strongly about it...

Mr. Krueger says:"There is no truth, as it is always a matter of individual perception. There is no right or wrong, only choices."

What a simplistic, relativistic bunch of nonsense. Live like that and see how far that will get you. Fire your guru and take a moral philosophy course.

Dwayner said:

Mr. Krueger says:"There is no truth, as it is always a matter of individual perception. There is no right or wrong, only choices."

What a simplistic, relativistic bunch of nonsense. Live like that and see how far that will get you. Fire your guru and take a moral philosophy course.

Dwayner, how is there 'right' or 'wrong', other than the limitations that our society puts on its members? There is no univeral right or wrong, it changes from society to society, and from age to age. Right and wrong are simply concoctions of the human mind, and as such are subject to change. Hello?