The Pacific Crest Trail: An evening with the North Face's own Jeremy Wilson

The_North_Face

In 1997, Jeremy Wilson completed a through-hike of the 2,638 mile long Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail - the longest completed through trail in the world! From the California-Mexico border town of Campo, California, the trail traverses the highest mountains and deserts via the High Sierra and Cascade ranges terminating at Monument 78, the US-Canadian border. Join us for an evening of wonderful slides and epic stories from Jeremy's walk through the searing Mojave, the bone chilling stream crossings and deep snow of the High Sierra and on into the lush greenery of the Pacific Northwest. As a disciple of traveling light, Jeremy will discuss preparations needed for such an adventure, including equipment he used and made along the way. Jeremy is a local climber and backpacker with numerous ascents and outings in the Cascades and Olympic Mountains.

Place: The North Face 1023 1st ave.Time: 7:00pmDate: Wednesday, February 27thCost: FREE!!We will also have some snacks and beverages as well. Hope to see you there!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by The North Face:
In 1997, Jeremy Wilson completed a through-hike of the 2,638 mile long Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail - the longest completed through trail in the world! From the California-Mexico border town of Campo, California, the trail traverses the highest mountains and deserts via the High Sierra and Cascade ranges terminating at Monument 78, the US-Canadian border. Join us for an evening of wonderful slides and epic stories from Jeremy's walk through the searing Mojave, the bone chilling stream crossings and deep snow of the High Sierra and on into the lush greenery of the Pacific Northwest. As a disciple of traveling light, Jeremy will discuss preparations needed for such an adventure, including equipment he used and made along the way. Jeremy is a local climber and backpacker with numerous ascents and outings in the Cascades and Olympic Mountains.

Place: The North Face 1023 1st ave.Time: 7:00pmDate: Wednesday, February 27thCost: FREE!!We will also have some snacks and beverages as well. Hope to see you there!

Quick, who's gonna mention Christine Boskoff??

[laf]

Hmmmm, maybe Dru? [laf][laf][laf]

I wonder if the self appointed ethics police will attack this guy for his shameless self promotion. Clearly he has set out to become a media darling wink.gif" border="0

Can you belive anyone would do a slide show at a TNF store? rolleyes.gif" border="0 Shame Shame Shame.

Someone will now accuse him of killing his spouse, another will homopobically challenge his sexuality, you know the normal gutless postings. wink.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Don't take me too serious...spray away anyway.

AlpineK:

No that was you. We all know you secretly wear TNF products everywhere. rolleyes.gif" border="0

You wear the long undies to bed every noght wishing you were like the sponsored guys.

You know the funny thing is I have never even seen a slide show by carlos. (I know you were kidding, I am just thinking out loud.)

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: Rodchester ]

I am sure Jeremy will show slides of some epic scary class 2 sections of the trail. IMO there is nothing wrong with selling out though. If you get free stuff but have to say the fat guy at the TNF store is your friend who gives a shit. Everyone who knows you will know your a bad ass.

"Some people say we sold out,. . .That's right we sell out everywhere we play." -James Hetfield [Wazzup]

I've climbed with Jeremy also and he's a really nice guy and knows his stuff. I must admit that Beverly Hills store would be hilarious to go into sometime! [laf] Many years ago I went into the TNF store down in Costa Mesa, a stones throw from the surfers at the beach, and looked at down suits and shit. I thought that was pretty funny until I walked by the Quicksilver store in downtown Seattle the other day to see them selling surf attire here in the middle of Winter. The whole marketing and image thing is amazing!