Favorite Cascade Boulder Problems

EWolfe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aaahhh shit this list is going to go on forever! nice thread!!

No troublems

The Mantra

Black Dyke Warm up (best v0 in the world)

and everything else in squamish.

Evolution (at goldbar)

The Dojo (sp? at goldbar)

there are too many sweet problems in the PNW though rockband.gif

Some how I see this thread getting moved to spry eventualy... yellaf.gif

Badcat

hot tub

mossy nibbles

pimped out

not that these name would probably mean any thing to any of you, they are all private coburg boulders washed down here to Oregon from Canada during the ice age flood...

Distel32 said:

DFA is the one at meadow the perfect overhanging prow right over the trail?? go up to a little two finger ocket then bust? if so that thing is pretty classic!!!

If we're thinking of the same boulder (one of the first decent ones you come to from the parking lot), it's actually a traverse up/along what could be described as a mostly horizontal arete, using a lot of slopey shit and weird Vulcan death-grip pinches. The same boulder does have a big dyno up a prow on the trail side. Snail Trail is on the down-river side of the boulder, moving from downhill to uphill. It's a rad problem.

bird said:

I have spent a few days bouldering in Leavenworth, and with my limited experience (and ability) here are my favorites:

The Rail

The Scoup

The Barndoor

Royal Flush (project frown.gif)

Come up to squamish this weekend and come bouldering, you'll gain experience, ability, and a longer list of favorite problems thumbs_up.gif

Greg_W said:

Is this fucking serious? Get a fucking life. "Favorite boulder problem?" Now I've heard of everything.

Are we going to discuss the merits of chalk bag size next? hellno3d.gifrolleyes.gif

You have shown us all how narrow-minded you are, Greg thumbs_down.gif

Not that that is news rolleyes.gif

MisterE said:

Greg_W said:

Is this fucking serious? Get a fucking life. "Favorite boulder problem?" Now I've heard of everything.

Are we going to discuss the merits of chalk bag size next? hellno3d.gifrolleyes.gif

You don't know me, dipshit. Don't assume that you do.

Greg_W said:

MisterE said:

Greg_W said:

You don't know me, dipshit. Don't assume that you do.

I was noting your comments, not your person.

That should be obvious, but rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Back to the thread -

If you Orgeon Boulderers get a chance, check out the boulder problems at the Outward Bound Basecamp out of Redmond. Awesome bouldering on the Deschutes, with a cool dip steps away thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

The folks are pretty cool about visits, call beforehand

Distel32 said:

bird said:

I have spent a few days bouldering in Leavenworth, and with my limited experience (and ability) here are my favorites:

The Rail

The Scoup

The Barndoor

Royal Flush (project frown.gif)

Come up to squamish this weekend and come bouldering, you'll gain experience, ability, and a longer list of favorite problems thumbs_up.gif

Haven't been up there in over a year, but it just so happens that I'll be there this weekend thumbs_up.gif... mostly doing routes. I'll probably find some time to check out some boulders too. Maybe I'll see you there wave.gif