Tacoma Pub Club

AlpineK

MattP and I drove down to T town last evening. Our destination, The Swiss. At the bar we met up with Eric, Dwayner, and Wallstein. The beer started flowing and our numbers grew. EddyE, Ehmmic, Victoria, DrJ, Matt and all (if I left you out sorry).

We were entertained with, good tales of climbing, Dwayners crazy old guide books, Mattp's new guide book to little Si, and pictures of pig rigging.

Other excitement included the lush old lady on the prowl for a young buck, and the freaky Cheech like guy dancing and preening by himself. Also some sport was made of Capn' C and his claim that Fred was going to show up in Issaquah.

A good time was had by all, and the general consensus at the end of the evening was that next Tuesday's pub club should be in Seattle.

Dante's perhaps.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes a good time was had by all, even if i did leave early as usuall...but look at the alternatives.....hotties vs alpine masters????

hmmmm make your choice...

and to that are concered garcia vega wasa very smooth guy with a long lasting effect last night.....i think jon is still passed out

and where was special ned???

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

Brother Iceguy say: "BUT, did you have Beckey?"No, BUT we had Alpine K, MattP, Matt, EddyE, Ehmmic, Victoria, Erik, Dr. J., John and Wallstein, each and everyone a fun and interesting gem. Too bad Iceguy, Caveman AND Fred couldn't make it. Plus the pig pictures and local characters were spectacular.Brother Erik who split early to meet up with some supermodels asked: "hotties vs alpine masters????" Dude...you'll never end up spending all of your time and money hunting down improbable alpine masters, and the alpine masters probably won't dump you for her old abusive boyfriend when he's finally let out of jail for beating her, or drop you for the next guy who comes along with more piercings.Wakey, wakey, m'man! Think mountains!aloha, Dwayner

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Dwayner ]

Cavy, Iceguy & whoever,

Sorry you couldn't make it down to Tacoma, but it sounds like you had fun on your own. Dwayner is one cool cat and you missed some interesting conversations on climbing in Algeria , peace in the Middle East , hanging pigs at Index and what should be done about spray paint at Vantage.

I think the cascadeclimbers.com BB is a lot like George W. Bush, as in "I'm a uniter, not a divider." It's all about bringing people together, meeting new partners and just talking about what we all love: climbing and beer, not necessarily in that order.

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

So i get these personal messages from people statingh that I might be some stuck up mother from Seattle... and that I was trying to hijack people into drinking. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Hardly the truth. My only apology goes to icegirl. I was pretty fuckin drunk by the time you arrived. Woohoo! Oh to be clear there too I never said I was going to take you climbing icegirl. Just recommended some things.. [big Drink]

As far as the rest well I just dont care to drive to Tacoma. It's not anywwhere feasable most times the traffic is one hour each way...

After all that is said so far I have to say if you dont want to join me then dont come. I hardly split the crowd as I see it and think some of you people are funny implying that I am doing so. Personally I never really liked Specialed\Matt. I dont really care for Dwayner after his recent fiasco either. At least I have the balls to say it and dont care about being politically correct.

There are tons of people out there wanting to climb and drink. I never really feel like part of the drinking crew anyway. I prefer serious drinking and full on BS sort of like campfire style. The kind of drinking when you wonder how you got home the next morning.

See you this weekend Dru and Icegirl if you are in Canyucker land.

The rest who dont like me can kiss it [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
Fred is cool, but people who get a woody cause they're in the same room as him need to catch a clue.

I used to think he was cool till I learned he is a member of the Mazamas.

I'll buy him a beer just for being 80 and spanking the mountains though.

Rob