• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

RuMR said:

why should you just let anyone have the firepower that's available on the market??????? Makes no sense to me...

it's a guaranteed right. nothing you can do about it. bitch till the cows come home for all I care.

I realize Trask that you and many others will always trump any arguments by stating simply that it's your right. However, can't you concede that it's a bit weird in that it's easier to own a gun than drive a car?

no. guns were invented and used before cars. what's not to see? btw, in my opinion, kids shouldn't get their lics. till they're 18....at 16 they're too immature and reckless to be behind the wheel of anything more powerful than their TYCO trike.

AND THE WIMMIM!!!!! MY GAWD!!!! They shouldn't drive till they're about 40. And don't let them have a cell phone, nail file, bagel, coffee, lipstick, a book or brush....they're god-awful drivers and a menace on the highway. WIMMIN SUCK AT DRIVING!!!!! IT'S A MAN'S JOB.

It's my understanding, if you are over the age of 18 and not a convicted felon, you may own a long gun, but, ya gotta be 21 to own a handgun. When purchasing a gun from a gun dealer, you will be subject to an application process that includes a full FBI background check and "cooling off period" of a few days, depending on the state. The serial number of the gun shall be recorded and "registered" to your name in some manner.

Purchase a gun from a private individual (non liscensed dealer) and there are no reguations that I know of.

You cannot lawfully carry a firearm in a concealed manner unless you have a concealed carry permit. To obtain that, you must submit fingerprints, another full background check and get harrassed by liberal Canadian border guards because it comes up on your profile whenever a law enforcement officer pulls it up.

trask said:

no. guns were invented and used before cars. what's not to see? btw, in my opinion, kids shouldn't get their lics. till they're 18....at 16 they're too immature and reckless to be behind the wheel of anything more powerful than their TYCO trike.

Eh? You advocate greater regulations than the status quo for driving, but you don't think there should be more regulation for gun ownership and you base that logic on guns being around before cars?

RuMR said:

JGowans said:

RuMR said:

Listen...i think owning guns is like driving a car...its not a right! Its a privilege! One that has certain responsibilities and duties that go w/ it...

Driving a car requires a license and an implied standard of proficiency and suitability. This activity is regulated. I'm not too sure how the gun ownership is regulated. Greg?

That's my whole point JG...It SHOULD be regulated...you wouldn't just let anyone behind the wheel? why should you just let anyone have the firepower that's available on the market??????? Makes no sense to me...

Don't have time to get into it, but would love to educate you on how gun ownership, purchase, and concealed carry are regulated. Pub Club? I invited you last week and you no-showed. Monday at Little Si?

RuMR said:

well trask...enough people vote and they can bring down even that joke of an institution called the NRA...

Bring down the NRA? How would one do that to a privately funded organization which follows the law to the letter? Hmm? A bunch of you liberal fucks decide that it is bad for "society" to have a private group known as the NRA so it must be outlawed? You are scary.

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

JGowans said:

RuMR said:

Listen...i think owning guns is like driving a car...its not a right! Its a privilege! One that has certain responsibilities and duties that go w/ it...

Driving a car requires a license and an implied standard of proficiency and suitability. This activity is regulated. I'm not too sure how the gun ownership is regulated. Greg?

That's my whole point JG...It SHOULD be regulated...you wouldn't just let anyone behind the wheel? why should you just let anyone have the firepower that's available on the market??????? Makes no sense to me...

Don't have time to get into it, but would love to educate you on how gun ownership, purchase, and concealed carry are regulated. Pub Club? I invited you last week and you no-showed. Monday at Little Si?

Perhaps...we always stop for pizza in northbend on the way home...

Pub clubs??? Waste of time...few evenings i have off from kids are spent climbing....

I know they are regulated...i just don't think the regulations are tight enough!!!!

Last time i checked, there were no required classes on ethics, responsibilities, gun handling etc...

Greg_W said:

RuMR said:

well trask...enough people vote and they can bring down even that joke of an institution called the NRA...

Bring down the NRA? How would one do that to a privately funded organization which follows the law to the letter? Hmm? A bunch of you liberal fucks decide that it is bad for "society" to have a private group known as the NRA so it must be outlawed? You are scary.

The same way they are forcing the Boyscouts to allow gay leaders and Country Clubs to allow females. Personally I don't get why having some women around is such a bad thing, but, then again, I don't play golf much either so I'll let them decide.

Bronco said:

It's my understanding, if you are over the age of 18 and not a convicted felon, you may own a long gun, but, ya gotta be 21 to own a handgun. When purchasing a gun from a gun dealer, you will be subject to an application process that includes a full FBI background check and "cooling off period" of a few days, depending on the state. The serial number of the gun shall be recorded and "registered" to your name in some manner.

Purchase a gun from a private individual (non liscensed dealer) and there are no reguations that I know of.

You cannot lawfully carry a firearm in a concealed manner unless you have a concealed carry permit. To obtain that, you must submit fingerprints, another full background check and get harrassed by liberal Canadian border guards because it comes up on your profile whenever a law enforcement officer pulls it up.

ACtually, the NICS (National INstant Check System) which was put in place under the Brady Bill is used for those possessing a CCW Permit. SEven day waiting period otherwise. ONce this check is done, records are expunged; it is unlawful for the ATF to retain them. So, Bronco, the "registration" you speak of is temporary. However, manufacturers are required to provide alist of serial numbered guns and what distributors they went to, so there is tracking.

Greg_W said:

Bring down the NRA? How would one do that to a privately funded organization which follows the law to the letter? Hmm?

Shoot the motherfuckers! Anyway, the desire to smash the gun lobby could not possibly be any scarier than Jon Ashcroft's insatiable desire to turn you into a flag-waving robot under 24-hour government surveillance ... you know, for your safety.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Wha's "QED"? confused.gif

abbv. for Quot Erat Demonstratum, or "that which we set out to prove has now been demonstrated". Usually tacked on to the end of mathematical proofs. Hence the rush of physicists in Corvallis (OSU) rushing to grab the new license plates that started QED --- rolleyes.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gif