lummox

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figger_Eight said:

Tyler riding with busted collarbone = big f'ing stud. bigdrink.gif

that dude gets hurt all the fuckin time. its bad timing for him though. a kickass performance by him could win him head spot on the usps team when lance retires. im thinkin floyd maybe the go to guy at this point. gotta love a guy name 'floyd' anyhow.

Tyler: heap big nuggets - took 2nd in the Giro (eyetie tour) with busted collarbone. He said he'll continue into mountains. Elastoplast rules and is btw the perfect accoutrement for aging alpinists. Mummy up the knees and trod on.

My $$$ on Levy to be next yank star. Broke 3 bones in his ass in the big crash, but Montana youth + psycho desire = potential.

If Lance wins this - mon dieu - he may die from media onslaught going for a record 6th.

I predict (this year): 1st Lance, 2nd Ulrich, 3rd Beloki. Wildcards: Botero, Mayo.

read this:

Grand-Mère, the official coffee supplier at the Tour de France, is distributing free cups of the black liquid at the start and finish each day. In the Village départ, that adds up to about 1,500 cups while the hostesses serve another 5,000 plastic cups to the general public. At the finish, the same amount is dispensed. From the cars in the publicity caravan, 54,000 bags containing 40g of coffee are thrown to the public on the side of the road.

thats fuckin cool.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

The recent article/interview piece on Mr. Armstrong in Outside painted him to be something of a prick, albeit an admirably motivated prick.

I didn't see the article, but it sounds about right. I used to race against Lance occasionally when he was just a few years into the bike racing gig. Always kicked my ass, and the asses of most everyone else as well.

He's obviously immensely talented, and insanely driven, and he works harder than anyone else, so he certainly earns my respect, but he's always been known as a prick. After his cancer ordeal, he's supposedly about 5% nicer than he used to be, but still far from an angel. My girlfriend works in the cancer center where he was treated, and she absolutely loathes the guy.

thought the same about the prick factor. shitting on those close to you comes back eventually.

everybody gets old and eventually leaves the playing field. That's when those of us with friends move to the lead in quality-of-life...or were we always there?

Edited by RobBob

lummox said:

racing aint no fuckin popularity contest.

True, but your fellow racers can certainly make your life miserable if they despise you TOO much.

Lance may be a prick in day-to-day life, but at least on the bike he does seem to follow/honor/respect all the traditional protocols and racing etiquette and such.

RobBob said:

thought the same about the prick factor. shitting on those close to you comes back eventually.

everybody gets old and eventually leaves the playing field. That's when those of us with friends move to the lead in quality-of-life...or were we always there?

hold onto that dream. does it make the suck of everday life not so bad?