• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

- 10-year-old Adam Ondra onsights .13b

Anything a 10-year-old boy can do can't possibly be remarkable. Just goes to show you that sport climbing is kinderspiel.

Frank Zappa was a musician of some renown, viewed by some as a great composer, and was fairly popular. At age ten, Beethoven, a fairly well-known composer himself, was tearing shit up on the piano. Clearly, anything a ten-year-old lad can accomplish is unremarkable, and thus we can rest assured that composing music is kinderspiel.

Buenas noches, Poop; and bone swah to Dwayno as well.

yellowsleep.gif

OMFG!!! THAT IS FUNNY SHIT!!!!!!!!! hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gif

Pope...i got a buddy who is an old fart at 16 THAT WILL JUST KICK YOUR ASS PLAIN AND SIMPLE on bouldering...i'll make no claims regarding crack climbing, but if you want to distill down to a couple of moves, you and dwayner won't even hang the first set of holds...and he was climbing almost as hard at 12 and 13 as he is now...go ahead and slam me for saying bouldering only, but if he decided to concentrate in the other realms you'll be blown away there as well...

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

Anything a 10-year-old boy can do can't possibly be remarkable. Just goes to show you that sport climbing is kinderspiel.

Frank Zappa was a musician of some renown, viewed by some as a great composer, and was fairly popular. At age ten, Beethoven, a fairly well-known composer himself, was tearing shit up on the piano. Clearly, anything a ten-year-old lad can accomplish is unremarkable, and thus we can rest assured that composing music is kinderspiel.

yellowsleep.gif

OMFG!!! THAT IS FUNNY SHIT!!!!!!!!! hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gif

Pope...i got a buddy who is an old fart at 16 THAT WILL JUST KICK YOUR ASS PLAIN AND SIMPLE on bouldering...i'll make no claims regarding crack climbing, but if you want to distill down to a couple of moves, you and dwayner won't even hang the first set of holds...and he was climbing almost as hard at 12 and 13 as he is now...go ahead and slam me for saying bouldering only, but if he decided to concentrate in the other realms you'll be blown away there as well...

Now this took me a minute....but I get it! BFD is comparing the accomplishments of a bolt-clippin' prepubescent to the genius of Beethoven. What a stretch! And I suppose that's funny, comparing the incomparable.

pope said:

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

Now this took me a minute....but I get it! BFD is comparing the accomplishments of a bolt-clippin' prepubescent to the genius of Beethoven. What a stretch! And I suppose that's funny, comparing the incomparable.

Touche'...man, you're indestructible in your world... yelrotflmao.gif

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

i disagree...there are oodles of freakoid kiddies running aboud climbing hard at sport and bouldering...there is a reason for that...they weigh 90 lbs! i have never seen a kid climb higher than 12 cracks...

Fence_Sitter said:

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

i disagree...there are oodles of freakoid kiddies running aboud climbing hard at sport and bouldering...there is a reason for that...they weigh 90 lbs! i have never seen a kid climb higher than 12 cracks...

This kid's 150lbs... and that's what they said about sharma and he's a tank now...

also, Jason Campbell was climbing 5.12 cracks as a youngster in the valley as well as tom herbert...additionally, you don't see many 5.13 crack ascents in general, now do you???

Edited by RuMR

Fence_Sitter said:

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

there is a reason for this. It takes age and wisdom to learn to love pain wink.gif

RuMR said:

Fence_Sitter said:

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

This kid's 150lbs... and that's what they said about sharma and he's a tank now...

also, Jason Campbell was climbing 5.12 cracks as a youngster in the valley as well as tom herbert...additionally, you don't see many 5.13 crack ascents in general, now do you???

ya know people are sending 5.13 cracks at squamish pretty much all the time right? yellaf.gif

erik said:

ya know what is funny, i was purusing the lworth guide book last night and i noticed mr pope names next to a two bolt contrivence.

good times!

hahaha.gif

Hey wienerkopf!

From the comfort of your sofa, you're getting a laugh out of a route that....

(a) You haven't seen.

(b) You haven't climbed.

© You don't know shit about.

After you climb it (if you can), if you think it's a piece of shit, chop it. Chop both the bolts. Chop 20 more while you're at it....PLEASE! I never claimed it was a great route when I climbed it (10 years ago?).

As long as you're at it, you might reconsider what the word "contrived" means. To me, in the context of climbing, a contrived route is one that relied on some kind of artifice (like rapping down to clean and set bolts instead of climbing up and seeing what happens on the lead).

Fact is, that 2-bolt variation is hard, and it relies on a minimum number of bolts. And it was drilled and cleaned on the lead. Think it's really stupid? Chop it. I couldn't give a rip.

And while you're at it, shove a chicken up your ass.

Funky%20Chicken.jpg

RuMR said:

Fence_Sitter said:

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

pope said:

BFD say:

yellowsleep.gif

girlies have done it... hill, rodden rolleyes.gif