Washington State Patrol

MtnHigh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, you sound like my mother. You seem like a nice guy, but your industry sucks ass about as much as the tool you always complain about. Fuck the insurance companies. They buy radar guns for the cops so the cops can generate revenue, hand out tickets and then give the insurance companies justification to raise your rates in a non-competitive manner. The fact is, plain and simple, the cops run speed traps in places where it's *safe* to exceed the speed limit, *not* in places where it's unsafe. It's easier for them, they get more people, they make more money, etc. Think what you want, but it's bullshit.

JOSH YOU ARE SILLY.

I DONT DENY THAT MY INDUSTRY SUCKS ASS!

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT CARS ARE NOT TOYS, DO NOT TREAT THEM AS SUCH.

THO IF YOU HIT ME WITH YOUR EURO TOURING WAGON I AM GONNA BE PISSED!

yellaf.gif

I do not treat them as toys. I'm an extremely attentive driver. I've taken driver safety classes, performance driving classes, lapping sessions and instructed on the track. Personally, I think stuff like this should be minimum requirement to get your license. The idiots they allow on the roads are a joke.

I drive within the limits of the road, situtation, etc. I am in. Driving 90mph in a 70mph zone on a deserted interstate is far safer than driving 40mph in a 40mph zone in heavy traffic, rain, etc. But, again, my point is the cops will not do a damn thing about the guy weaving in and out of traffic in the 40mph zone in the rain. It's a pain in the ass for them and hard to get stick in court. Patrolling straightaways in wide open freeways is easy for them, and proves a great method of revenue generation.

"ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT CARS ARE NOT TOYS"

And this from an insurance adjuster.......sheesh.

Climbing aint fun either, shit happens and people die or you end up cutting off your own arm. Get a life. A good one involves risk, education, good judgement and responsibility for your actions.

I'll remind Twight that there are no experts the next time we talk and of the friends who have died from mistakes. I'll remind myself the next 1:20 minute drive from the HWY 2 Junction to Issaquah.

Maybe that was why the WSP was hanging on 97 and waiting. That is a go straight to jail ticket BTW. Life's a risk. Prepare for it. Take some driver's ed, buy a better car and a Valentine radar detector. Cheap insurance wink.gif

It is a fact, WSP are traffic cops. It is their job afterall. Most of them are beating down the door to SI I suspect.

A lecture about driving responsibly and climbing doesn't really go hand in hand do they? Some how the comparison is loss on me.

Edited by Dane

JoshK said:

I do not treat them as toys. I'm an extremely attentive driver. I've taken driver safety classes, performance driving classes, lapping sessions and instructed on the track. Personally, I think stuff like this should be minimum requirement to get your license. The idiots they allow on the roads are a joke.

I drive within the limits of the road, situtation, etc. I am in. Driving 90mph in a 70mph zone on a deserted interstate is far safer than driving 40mph in a 40mph zone in heavy traffic, rain, etc. But, again, my point is the cops will not do a damn thing about the guy weaving in and out of traffic in the 40mph zone in the rain. It's a pain in the ass for them and hard to get stick in court. Patrolling straightaways in wide open freeways is easy for them, and proves a great method of revenue generation.

Just keep in mind, that there will more than likely be inexperienced drivers out there that will be observing your driving style, and thinking to themselves: "Hey, that guy is speeding, I guess that means that it's ok to do so here. I'll just follow his lead." My point is this, you may certainly be a very good driver, but your actions may provoke others to follow suit. Of course I'm not even suggesting that you should be held accountable for their speeding or accidents, only that your actions may infulence others.

Off_White said:

Tell us the whole story FS, this sounds interesting. What job, what kind of questions, this was a cop, not some employee verificatation deal? You got fired? Sounds like a drag, but I bet there's a good tale involved, so spill! bigdrink.gif

so i'm working in the evidence room of the snohomish county sherrif's office...cool job...i smell like weed when i go home...good pay... yadda yadda ...then they have a [post hiring 'phase' and they give me all this lie detector crap, 45 page questionare, background check and fingerprinting... even the poseession of weed makes you inelligible...pizdec...that is about it...no cool story..no hancuffs...no drawn guns...just me getting the can.. madgo_ron.gif

Of all the silly ass things I have seen on this board.... rolleyes.gif

"Just keep in mind, that there will more than likely be inexperienced (fill in the blank) out there that will be observing your (fill in the blank), and thinking to themselves: "Hey, that guy is (cool, stupid or GAWD or fill in the blank as you see fit), I guess that means that it's ok to do so...... I'll just follow his lead."

"My point is this......."

Since few of you have a point or any common sense. I'll make my point. What might be safe and sane for me may not be for you. I might have a better car, better skills or just more money and can afford a ticket at 200 mph (ya I wish).

Being irresponsible is being irresponsible. The traffic laws are there for a reason, that doesn't make them safe or sane at any given moment in time.

Climbing use to be about the individual and taking responsiblity on yourself and making your own decisions and being able to live with them. Then came the Internet where few even remember how to spell your own name.

Get a ticket for 75 in a 50 and you pay it or not, but for heaven's sake let's not whine cry.gif Take a whipper and deck 'cause your pro pulled, (bolt, TCU or Camalot) take some responsibility for your actions....you choose the climb and you FAILED. Get over it. Some piss ant wants to duplicate the feat you aren't responsible for their actions. The peole who supply your gear (placed, bought or stolen) are not responsible to hold your hand while taking a leak or tying in.

I am now convinced most who post in the Internet don't climb, never will past a gym, go to church and would never, ever, speed, get drunk or committ petty larceny, or abnormal sex smileysex5.gif let alone know what to do if they forgot their harness or the rope. moon.gif Ya sorry, I missed that, it should be LOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS !

Edited by Dane

I am now convinced most who post in the Internet don't climb, never will past a gym, go to church and would never, ever, speed, get drunk or committ petty larceny, or abnormal sex smileysex5.gif let alone know what to do if they forgot their harness or the rope. moon.gif Loosers.

major insult flaw there Dane, it's Loser not Looser! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Bronco

Bronco said:

major insult flaw there Sprayshaw, it's Loser not Looser! rolleyes.gif

Hah, unless I'm very wrong, thats Dane Burns, old fart Washington climber holding forth. He's got some good points too, but he's not the unemployed Mr. Sprayshaw with too much time on his hands.