• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

COL._Von_Spanker said:

CHRISTO?

SERRA?

INSTALLED AT THE NEW OUTDOOR SCULPRURE PARK AT THE WATERFRONT IN SEATTLE

EDIT> DEFINATELY CHRISTO AND JEAN-CLAUDE, FOR CENTRAL PARK...

BOOOOYAAAAH M'R F'R'S

NICE! But there gonna be installed in Central Park. in New York City. Twenty five miles!!! (its what he said). The dude's brother in the picture I took is friends of Cristo. And he needed a place to try out his art ( cough). He (the dude) said to me when I walked up to him and asked what he was doing "ITS TIME FOR THEM TO COME DOWN!!!!!!!"

I say ship that shit to New York ASAP!! I'm sure those suckers will totally eat it up. I can just see it...

...My, what a brilliant work of art by that Soandso artist. It so well represents man's struggle on this planet and his quest for the true meaning of life. We New Yorkers are so fortunate to have this blessed installation grace our park, the best park in the world, in the best city in the world. We are number one, nothing is better than New York, we are the center of the universe!!!...

pukeface.gifpukeface.gifpukeface.gif

I'd like to know what all the detractors consider to be art. People just like to diss on shit like that because they've never put any time into thinking about it. I don't really like it myself, and haven't been able to figure out what the artist is expressing, but I'm sure is hell not gonna call it a piece of shit and tell 'em to ship it to New York. Have you ever even fucking been to New York? Do you know who Damien Hirst is (yes I know he's not a new yorker)? Have you ever been to MOMA?

R Mutt

Edit: And look real closely at the photo and map that Colonel posted. Now do you think it's a piece of shit? Pretty fucking cool if you ask me.

E-rock said:

I'd like to know what all the detractors consider to be art. People just like to diss on shit like that because they've never put any time into thinking about it. I don't really like it myself, and haven't been able to figure out what the artist is expressing, but I'm sure is hell not gonna call it a piece of shit and tell 'em to ship it to New York. Have you ever even fucking been to New York? Do you know who Damien Hurst is (yes I know he's not a new yorker)? Have you ever been to MOMA?

R Mutt

Edited by jordop

I'm not going to get into a dumb argument about what is art and what isn't, but the criticisms you offer, Jordop, are no different in spirit than those that were made of Pollock or Duchamp. I gained a lot more from the piece you described than your interpretation. And as far as climber related performance art is concerned, of course it's going to appeal to climbers, the same way climbing literature does.

The point I'm making is that a knee jerk reaction to art by calling it shit, only shows a reluctance to think about the artwork.

2cows.jpg