the bloodbath starts

freeclimb9

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jb

one thing against your arguement...is as any reasoning adult....

if i knew there were to be mass bombings of an area in which i and my family resides....well i would get myself and them outta of harms way...i think they call that reasoning...but who i knows i personally am saving that for when i am older...

but thats just me....

erik said:

jb

one thing against your arguement...is as any reasoning adult....

if i knew there were to be mass bombings of an area in which i and my family resides....well i would get myself and them outta of harms way...i think they call that reasoning...but who i knows i personally am saving that for when i am older...

but thats just me....

no, not only you. I think I'd do the same but it is not obvious where they'd go, if they have the means to go anywhere, or that it'd be safer to go somewhere else. And finally, lack of reasoning does not justify death or does it? (rhetorical here)

jib

nothing justifies death...

but wouldnt you say that the us is doing a better job then previous mass bombing campaigns to minimize collateral damage??

still all you have to do to garauntee atleast minimals safety would to not be in the vicinity of govt or military buildings??

now hurry up and respond so i can call you names and shit!!! yellaf.gif

erik said:

but wouldnt you say that the us is doing a better job then previous mass bombing campaigns to minimize collateral damage??

It seems like it depends on the place and time. The form of the conflict has evolved a lot since day 1 (it's not over either, unfortunately)

j_b said:

erik said:

It seems like it depends on the place and time. The form of the conflict has evolved a lot since day 1 (it's not over either, unfortunately)

thanks for the buzz, Ari

j_b said:

trask said:War is hell.

for sure is. I think we already knew that. This is precisely why war is usually a last resort.

well since you concede that fact, why not get on the bandwagon and support the effort instead of taking every opportunity to take jabs.

Damn Evil Amerikans!

Afghanistan (2001-2): The LA Times found "a civilian death total of 1,067 to 1,201" from US attacks.

Kosovo (1999): Human Rights Watch found that "Some 500 Yugoslav civilians are known to have died" from US attacks.

Bosnia (1995): A Harvard Kennedy School of Government working paper (link in PDF format; HTML version here) found that "The war resulted in the deaths of about thirty civilians."

Gulf War I (1991): Human Rights Watch declared themselves "reasonably confident that the total number of civilians killed directly by allied attacks did not exceed several thousand, with an upper limit of perhaps between 2,500 and 3,000 Iraqi dead."

Panama (1989): Human Rights Watch reports an estimate of 300 civilians killed.

All of these deaths are tragic, but they are by no means a bloodbath. In fact, the death toll from all these conflicts combined is probably less than the number of people who would have died from starvation had the US not invaded Afghanistan. All of them combined are probably less than the number of people Saddam would kill this year if left in power.

Now I would ask interested readers to review a thread where J_B was spewing forth facts and figures related to Israel-Palestine conflict. I noted and produced references showing how the “press” J-B uses have consistently proven themselves shameless in it overstatement of deaths - both civilian and military.

Who knows what the final toll of this conflict will be but whatever the results J_B will prefer those “claims” which support his before the fact thought process without regard to the Truth!.

Let’s climb!

PP

bigdrink.gif