online canadian topos?

gregm

this is propbably too much to ask, but it never hurts to ask. is anyone aware of an online display of canadian topos, seeing as toporama is been "temporarily offline" for a long time now, and topozone isn't interested in including 'el norte'?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

spend the $75 and buy em.

our country is much bigger than yours and someone had to survey it all.

why should you get the benefit of their taxpayer subsidized work for free wave.gifboxing_smiley.gif

bullshit. you can get our topos online - you could at least return the freaking favor leaches. anyway you had a half-assed version going for a little while. it looks like somebody up there is just trying to figure out the whole computer thing. wave.gifboxing_smiley.gif

gregm said:

Dru said:

why should you get the benefit of their taxpayer subsidized work for free wave.gifboxing_smiley.gif

bullshit. you can get our topos online - you could at least return the freaking favor leaches. anyway you had a half-assed version going for a little while. it looks like somebody up there is just trying to figure out the whole computer thing. wave.gifboxing_smiley.gif

why would any Canadian want an american topo anyways yellaf.gif

Dru said:

gregm said:

Dru said:

why would any Canadian want an american topo anyways yellaf.gif

quite true Dru, now that Canadians will only cross the border with their tails between their legs -

Dru said:

Yeah, and 50% of it is about as useful as Siberia. rolleyes.gif

Quit trollin', wanker. Go back to whining sour grapes over your lack of ice climbing this winter. hahaha.gifpitty.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

Quit trollin', wanker. Go back to whining sour grapes over your lack of ice climbing this winter. hahaha.gifpitty.gif

and Kansas is so well known for mountaineering? rolleyes.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

Didn't they recently rename the Northwest Territories "None of it?"

Dru said:

Our country is much bigger than yours and someone had to survey it all.

Much bigger?

Okay, I just had to check on this because in my mind I just didn't think this was right. In my Webster's dictionary in the Geography section it says:

USA.........3,615,123 sq. miles (9,399,320 sq. km in Dru numbers)

Canada...3,851,809 sq. miles (10,014,703 sq. km in Dru numbers)

Result: Canada is only 6.5% larger than USA. I wouldn't say that's "much bigger." evils3d.gif

Alaska making itself useful for once. grin.gif

actually, it would be really nice if the canadian topos were available on cds like the american ones, but i'm sure it's beyond their technical abilities. canada does, however, pride itself on it's cheese making technology(?)

gregm said:

actually, it would be really nice if the canadian topos were available on cds like the american ones, but i'm sure it's beyond their technical abilities. canada does, however, pride itself on it's cheese making technology(?)

thats why i said spend the $75