• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top 11 Signs SUV is too damn big

The Edge (Living Section, Oregonian) Thursday, April 3, 2003

1. The fuel gauge doubles as a fan.

2. It has it's own congressman.

3. Those aren't bugs on the windshield, Chester.

4. When you floor it, the Earth slows down a tad.

5. It has its own gravitational field and has drawn a Geo Metro into its orbit.

6. You have a "War and Peace" bumper sticker - the entire novel.

7. Every time you fill up, Saddam Hussein goes, "Ka-CHING!"

8. It's great for soccer moms, since the back seat folds down into an entire field, complete with goals.

9. You're spending too much time prying Honda Civics out of your tire treads.

10. Backing out of the driveway requires canal locks, four tugboats, a team of engineers and clearance from the FAA.

11. When you pull up to the pharmacy window, they already have your extra-small condoms bagged and ready to go.

And from the "Actual signs seen at a recent DC peace rally":

"Start drafting SUV drivers now"

Ursa_Eagle said:

Holy shit. That really was just about the wittiest thing I've seen in such a long time. Clearly you live on the edge. Your choice of literature surely confirms it. the_finger.gif

JGowans said:

Holy shit. That really was just about the wittiest thing I've seen in such a long time. Clearly you live on the edge. Your choice of literature surely confirms it. the_finger.gif

Actually, the Oregonian took that one from the Washington Post. Clearly a 5-year-olds standard reading material...

Actually, the Oregonian took that one from the Washington Post. Clearly a 5-year-olds standard reading material...

How long shall we keep this going? I can probably summon up the energy to write some barb about numerous power figures with 5-year old minds dominating Washington that would suggest a reason for the Post's shitty wit and oh so trite humor but what would be the point? I think that once done there, I may just be able to quickly munch some gu and force myself to continue by writing about how I think you whining about SUVs driven by men with small peckers leads me to believe that you haven't had some in a while or you have but just aren't satisfied. However, I won't do any of the above. I think I'm bored of you now. Thank you. Drive thru. yellowsleep.gif

Yes, this is the stupidest thread of all time.

I know somewhere in there I mentioned my BF's Highlander gets better gas mileage than my s00bie, but did I mention it burns cleaner too?

Having said that, what on earth is up with those gigantic SUVs? Even some of the normal sized ones are bunk, my mom's Exploder has roughly the same ground clearance as a Miata.

my mom's Exploder has roughly the same ground clearance as a Miata.

...and your boyfriend's Highlander has a liftkit? rolleyes.gif

I thought this was a great thread. hahaha.gif

It's looking like an Exploder might be the ticket, with that $3,000 incentive pkg. Just have to get the offroad model w/ lger wheels, skidplates, etc.

ROBOBO

ONE THING TO CONSIDER WITH ANY FOMOCO PRODUCT IS THAT HORRILE ENGINE HSOTRY THAT PLAGUES THESE BEASTS. THEY ARE INFERIOR TO THE VORTEC ENGINES THAT CHEVY MAKES. EMISSIONS IS HIGHER AND FUEL ENCONOMY IS LOWER.

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

erik said:

ROBOBO

ONE THING TO CONSIDER WITH ANY FOMOCO PRODUCT IS THAT HORRILE ENGINE HSOTRY THAT PLAGUES THESE BEASTS. THEY ARE INFERIOR TO THE VORTEC ENGINES THAT CHEVY MAKES. EMISSIONS IS HIGHER AND FUEL ENCONOMY IS LOWER.

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

have to agree with numbnuts here Rob. ford motors suck

Ursa_Eagle said:

1. The fuel gauge doubles as a fan.

2. It has it's own congressman.

3. Those aren't bugs on the windshield, Chester.

4. When you floor it, the Earth slows down a tad.

5. It has its own gravitational field and has drawn a Geo Metro into its orbit.

6. You have a "War and Peace" bumper sticker - the entire novel.

7. Every time you fill up, Saddam Hussein goes, "Ka-CHING!"

8. It's great for soccer moms, since the back seat folds down into an entire field, complete with goals.

9. You're spending too much time prying Honda Civics out of your tire treads.

10. Backing out of the driveway requires canal locks, four tugboats, a team of engineers and clearance from the FAA.

11. When you pull up to the pharmacy window, they already have your extra-small condoms bagged and ready to go.

hilarious and clever too! I really like #4 & 5.

these guys have no idea what they are talking about, I'd bet they're both drunk already. I've been driving & maintaining mainly fords for 15 years now, '66 mustang, '67 bronco, '72 bronco '80 f-250, '85 bronco II, '87 ranger, '90 probe, 91 f-250, '92 explorer '95 ranger, '97 f-250 and a 2000 F-350 crew cab. Only the 67 bronco had problems with the engine exploding and that was because I "adjusted" the rocker arms a little too tight and shot an old mechanical lifter through the side of the block. rolleyes.gif I don't think the ford engines are any worse than the GM's and the main difference is the fords tend to perform more like a truck and the GM's are a little more like a heavy duty car, but won't hold up quite as good to off roading, towing and actual SUV type use.

i'll probably get laughed off the board for this but:

i love my jeep wrangler. it has been totally reliable and now has well over 100K on it. It gets reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. Gets me up my road when the neighbors Subies, explores, pathfinders, forerunners etc are parked at the bottom (oddly the guy w/the Jetta always seems to make it)

In terms of taking a bunch of people AND gear...it's not going to happen. I use my other car for outings w/more people.

Besides, it's great to just take a hose to the interior after a long trip!

BRONCO

WRONG MY FRIEND

AND WHY SOO MANY FORDS DID THEY ALL DIE?? yellaf.gif

THE NEW VORTEC BY CHEVROLET OWNS ANYTHING FOMOCO CAN WISH TO PUT OUT.

PLUS WITH NO MAJOR TUNE UP TILL 100K.....BIG SAVINGS!!!!

GM ROCKS FORD DOME!! AND WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!!

fruit.gif

erik said:

ROBOBO

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

I too agree with Erik. I've driven a bunch of Ford Trucks over the years and I hate em.

AlpineK said:

erik said:

ROBOBO

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

I too agree with Erik. I've driven a bunch of Ford Trucks over the years and I hate em.

Maybe you should quit running crisco or whatever that organic stuff is in them. It's kinda like taking a lumberjack out to eat after work but at a vegetarian restaruant. TOFU? I treat my trucks nice and they are nice to me.

I just hope you guys are ashamed of yourselves and go to confession right away. 10 hell marys each of you! the_finger.gif

erik said:

BRONCO

WRONG MY FRIEND

AND WHY SOO MANY FORDS DID THEY ALL DIE?? yellaf.gif

THE NEW VORTEC BY CHEVROLET OWNS ANYTHING FOMOCO CAN WISH TO PUT OUT.

PLUS WITH NO MAJOR TUNE UP TILL 100K.....BIG SAVINGS!!!!

GM ROCKS FORD DOME!! AND WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!!

fruit.gif

I think the 100k tune up has been pretty standard for a number of years, (or was it 60K) anyway, the voreteck is probably the best engine GM ever put out, but it's still lacking.

Anyway, the reason I went through so many rigs was in my youth, I had more time than money and bought most of those rigs cheap, fixed them up over a year or two while I drove them and sold them or traded up. The '97 was the first new vehicle I ever bought. Still driving it. I also had a really old VW bug that kicked ass off road, it was unbelieveable until I accidentally crushed it with a friends big ole ford. It musta been jealous. cry.gif

Bronco said:

AlpineK said:

erik said:

ROBOBO

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

Maybe you should quit running crisco or whatever that organic stuff is in them. It's kinda like taking a lumberjack out to eat after work but at a vegetarian restaruant. TOFU? I treat my trucks nice and they are nice to me.

I just hope you guys are ashamed of yourselves and go to confession right away. 10 hell marys each of you! the_finger.gif

The vegy stuff goes in my new Isuzu FRR that rocks. rockband.gif

The only Fords I've driven were owned by previous employers. They sucked. pitty.gifmoon.gif

AlpineK said:

erik said:

ROBOBO

GO WITH GM AND NOT FORD.

boxing_smiley.gif My old rusty ford ranger has treated me well!!!! tongue.gif