Which 4WD SUV?

RobBob

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still think it is funny that other peope get worked up over someone else whom they have no control over.

people with causes and what not or good laughs too!!

seems quite humorous.

they all spend soo much time fighting agaist one thing they become an exact mirror of it. the finger pointing is themselves reliving the hypocysicy over and over again!

monkeys!!!!! we are all monkeys!!!!

my 85 subaru owns you all!! bow to it!!!

wave.gif

I'm ordering my stickers right now.

re: muscle cars... it's all about numbers. SUKs/trucks comprised over half of the vehicles sold in America last year. That's a significant amount of vehicles used to drive to the malls and soccer games. I'll make it a point to tag nadgraters and suckalades, as there is absolutely no valid reason for buying these other than convince people you're an idiot. Also SUKs with large rims, those are high on my list too. There is something wrong with a scratchless, spotless SUK with large rims.

Do SUKs have different emissions requirements than cars? I'm under the impression that they do, but I don't want to start ranting unless I know for sure.

Ursa_Eagle said:

Do SUKs have different emissions requirements than cars? I'm under the impression that they do, but I don't want to start ranting unless I know for sure.

Yes, indeed they do. Thanks to idiotic 1970s legislation that has been upheld with the help of great guys like our president and others bought off by the auto industry, SUKs are classified as light trucks. Light trucks have to meet much less stringent emmision requirements (along with the always mentioned EPA fuel economy standards) than passanger vehicles do.

Ursa_Eagle said:

....SUKs with large rims, those are high on my list too. There is something wrong with a scratchless, spotless SUK with large rims.

Large rims would give you better mileage (reducing emmisions) as opposed to a smaller rim with big sidewalled tires. If it's big tires your're talking about, that's right that the rigs with big tires will be getting worse mileage (increased emmissions) although without a pretty in depth knowledge of modern engines and emmissions you're still shooting in the dark to judge a rig by it's appearance.

PS: My 15 year old SUV is all scratched up and I drive it by myself with nothing in it but a Starbucks cup for at least 30,000 miles a year. 8 miles to the gallon but, it's really fast! I might put one of these stickers on it myself! (not!) the_finger.gif

My friend probably saw one of the best examples of morons buying SUKs. He was at Cornell in the winter (with snow), and saw a person get into a Exploder and procede to try to get it out of the parking spot. The car would go forward a little bit, and the back tires would spin. They would put in reverse, move back a little, and the back tires would spin. Back and forth, back and forth, it took a long time for it to get out of the parking spot. It never occured to the driver to put it in four-wheel drive, despite the large "4X4" on the side of the vehicle. If I was there, it'd have a sticker on it by now.

Ursa_Eagle said:

My friend probably saw one of the best examples of morons buying SUKs. He was at Cornell in the winter (with snow), and saw a person get into a Exploder and procede to try to get it out of the parking spot. The car would go forward a little bit, and the back tires would spin. They would put in reverse, move back a little, and the back tires would spin. Back and forth, back and forth, it took a long time for it to get out of the parking spot. It never occured to the driver to put it in four-wheel drive, despite the large "4X4" on the side of the vehicle. If I was there, it'd have a sticker on it by now.

Gotta to chime in on this one 'cuz it mentions Cornell. Many a time have I happily chugged up Buffalo St (really steep hill) in the snow in my Toyota Corolla while the frat boys in their big shiny Jeeps were slipping and sliding all over the place and plowing into snowbanks by the side of the road.

Then there was the time my car almost got run over by some idiot in a Yukon at the Gold Creek Sno-Park. 4-WD doesn't do you any good if you don't have traction on any of your 4 wheels. That's what chains are for!

dryad said:

Gotta to chime in on this one 'cuz it mentions Cornell. Many a time have I happily chugged up Buffalo St (really steep hill) in the snow in my Toyota Corolla while the frat boys in their big shiny Jeeps were slipping and sliding all over the place and plowing into snowbanks by the side of the road.

Then there was the time my car almost got run over by some idiot in a Yukon at the Gold Creek Sno-Park. 4-WD doesn't do you any good if you don't have traction on any of your 4 wheels. That's what chains are for!

thumbs_up.gif

dryad said:

So is it important what kind of vehicle idiots drive when they "almost run you over" or would it have happend if they drove a motorcycle. That's kinda like me saying "all people who drive chevy's are retards" (they are but it's not the point) what does the vehicle have to do with bad drivers? NADA! hellno3d.gif

trask said:

I'd say that any of you fools that have a problem with large manly vehicles, have issues with your less-than manly selves.

And most of us would say that any of you who drive large, "manly" (as you've been led to believe) vehicles have issues with your less-than-manly selves.

wave.gif Toodles, beefcake!

Yes, the vehicle type does matter. The idiot had a false sense of invincibility because he was in a big 4WD SUV and believed that just because he had 4WD he could drive on ice like it's nothing. If the same idiot was in a normal car, he may have bothered to heed the warnings flashing on the highway and put chains on like everyone else. I'm not saying all SUV drivers are idiots. But an idiot and an SUV put together is an especially bad combination.

dryad said:

Yes, the vehicle type does matter. The idiot had a false sense of invincibility because he was in a big 4WD SUV and believed that just because he had 4WD he could drive on ice like it's nothing. If the same idiot was in a normal car, he may have bothered to heed the warnings flashing on the highway and put chains on like everyone else. I'm not saying all SUV drivers are idiots. But an idiot and an SUV put together is an especially bad combination.

Back on the east coast, it was always the people in SUKs who would drive too fast, tailgate, and pass when it was snowing and icing out. They were also the ones that were spun out in the ditch. People think that 4WD = 4 wheel stop. If you don't improve the friction between the tire and the road, 4WD doesn't slow down any faster than 2WD. I have seen AWD give you better control, but still doesn't help you stop.

"It you have the macho-mobile to go pick up you're kids from school then you deserve to be humiliated with a sticker. I tagged ten shiny, never-seen-mud giants at REI this weekend."...give me a break. If you personally own a vehicle, or a pair of leather shoes for that matter, then SHUT THE FUCK UP. "I'm bad but you're worse cry.gif" I drive an SUV because it has plenty of storage, 4 wheel drive for the snow, is safer (for me and the people in it) because it's larger and higher off the ground than other vehicles on the road, and because it looks COOL!!!! And if you're a REAL climber, what were you doing hanging out at REI on a weekend? Just got back from the gym and stopped off to grab a latte and a crazy creek chair?

thumbs_down.gif

Charlie said:

"It you have the macho-mobile to go pick up you're kids from school then you deserve to be humiliated with a sticker. I tagged ten shiny, never-seen-mud giants at REI this weekend."...give me a break. If you personally own a vehicle, or a pair of leather shoes for that matter, then SHUT THE FUCK UP. "I'm bad but you're worse cry.gif" I drive an SUV because it has plenty of storage, 4 wheel drive for the snow, is safer (for me and the people in it) because it's larger and higher off the ground than other vehicles on the road, and because it looks COOL!!!! And if you're a REAL climber, what were you doing hanging out at REI on a weekend? Just got back from the gym and stopped off to grab a latte and a crazy creek chair?

thumbs_down.gif

It doesn't look cool, it looks idiotic. You look like a fucking soccer mom, you poser. Also, you might want to check up on safety ratings. Your SUK is less safe in most cases. They aren't designed for safety, they are simply trucks with a shitty canopy thrown on and some seats added. They crumple like a pop can in a bad accident. They have to meet much less stringent safety standards than cars, not to mention they have this tendency to do something called roll over, which particularly sucks and is the easiest way to get yourself killed.

JoshK said:

Charlie said:

thumbs_down.gif

It doesn't look cool, it looks idiotic. You look like a fucking soccer mom, you poser. Also, you might want to check up on safety ratings. Your SUK is less safe in most cases. They aren't designed for safety, they are simply trucks with a shitty canopy thrown on and some seats added. They crumple like a pop can in a bad accident. They have to meet much less stringent safety standards than cars, not to mention they have this tendency to do something called roll over, which particularly sucks and is the easiest way to get yourself killed.

all of you on both sides of this need to stfu! I own a small SUV, i have my reasons and they're none of your business. I also have other vehicles. whatever. rolleyes.gif

besides what's wrong w/looking like a soccer mom? i look pretty good at the soccer games!