YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Scott_J

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

i would encourage everyone to take advantage of the internet and read some media sources not of US/British origin.

Why? So I can see sensationalism and lies from other perspectives too? As much as we bitch about our media, it's a hellavu lot less propoganda driven as most all foreign media.

It's definitely good to check out the other sources, but realize that a good portion of what is fed through there is government crap. This whole thing is just so sad. I'm just wondering for how many years we'll be bit in the ass thanks to shrub's actions.

JoshK said:

Why? So I can see sensationalism and lies from other perspectives too?

Yes.

If you get more than just one point of view, regardless how "sided" it is, then you'll probably be able to better form your own ideas and opinions. The more perspectives you get of something, chances are the better you'll understand it.

dalius said:

JoshK said:

Why? So I can see sensationalism and lies from other perspectives too?

Yes.

If you get more than just one point of view, regardless how "sided" it is, then you'll probably be able to better form your own ideas and opinions. The more perspectives you get of something, chances are the better you'll understand it.

Agreed. My response was more to question the quality of foreign media as well. Some people seem to believe that if it from somewhere else, it musts be pure. I agree, the more inputs you have, the more easily you can form your own opinion.

C'mon Dru, you know that's not what I'm saying. But you have to realize that al jazerra reports most everything an anti-american slant just the same as a lot of crap over here is reported with an anti-arab slant. All i'm saying is the "grain of salt" applys to them as well, despite lack of censorship.

Oh, and I agree with you, it is the last thing that the hackers should have been targeting. Stupid stuff like that does no better at salvaging any type of decency in their eyes than does shrub's actions themselves. Hackers are obviously not the brightest bulbs in the bunch, however. Their goal is just to piss people off, whatever the cause.

Greg_W said:

Way to go Sisu!!! I always knew you had an explosive personality!!! yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Hey ther e vegebelay great picture.

Ya Greg, I don't explode as much as I plot my opponents demise and then put the plan into action.

As far as saying for war here are a two I remember.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

BETTER DEAD THAN RED

There are more saying than I can recall. Sure war is a terrible business, we all sit here in the safety of Stateside lux. and debate. Fuck if the military would take my sorry old ass I'd be there so a young pup could stay home and fuck his wife or sweety. I've loved and lived and would willingly go, and that is fact not brag.

And Erik your statements are weak. Stay away from from the bases you'll be fodder.

Hey Trask, of course nobody wants to see those pictures, but when everyone, including the U.S. government is 10,000 miles away, it kind of brings what is happening closer to home. Like in the Star Trek when Kirk forces the 2 warring planets to actually have to go and kill each other by taking away their programmed computers to decide how many million and who die each day. Everyone walks off happily to die.

Put Bush on the front line and see if he changes his mind.

Kirk was a much better leader than Bush will ever be! (Why don't I ever see Star Trek mentioned in Spray? Go ahead, let me have it.)

(How do I insert a picture without making it an attachment?)

JoshK said:

minx said:

i would encourage everyone to take advantage of the internet and read some media sources not of US/British origin.

Why? So I can see sensationalism and lies from other perspectives too? As much as we bitch about our media, it's a hellavu lot less propoganda driven as most all foreign media.

It's definitely good to check out the other sources, but realize that a good portion of what is fed through there is government crap. This whole thing is just so sad. I'm just wondering for how many years we'll be bit in the ass thanks to shrub's actions.

Foreign press sensationalize and lie about different topics, so for balanced sensationalism and lying, you HAVE TO check out the foreign press, otherwise you won't be lied to about everything, nor will you be completely sensationalized.

JoshK said:

minx said:

Trask, you dirty revisionist!!