Executing POWs

catbirdseat

You've probably all seen the article accusing Iraq of executing five US POW's. Why would they do this? What do they have to gain by it?

My thoughts are:

1) The Iraqis figure they are dog meat anyway, so why not.

2) They did it in hopes of getting information from the remaining prisoners.

3) They wish to goad the US into committing its own atrocities in hopes of swaying world opinion

Please discuss.

Source Article

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the US used to do this (execute prisoners in front of other prisoners) in VietNam, and for all i know, still does whenm TV cameras aren't looking...
Yeah, there's that famous picture of a guy about to get his brains blown away in Life Magazine. The officer was South Vietnamese and the prisoner was a traitor. But it kind of goes to show you, "what goes around comes around".

i was thinking of the American intelligence who would take 2 prisoners up in a helicopter. ask first one a question. no matter what he answered, throw him out of the helicopter from, about 700 feet up, then ask the second one the same question.

i dont have a source for that. it was in some book on human rights abuses and torture i read in university 10 yrs ago.

yeah well i guess they figured the first guy would always lie at first.

inciodentally your question is why torture doesnt work to extract info you don't know, cause the victim always ends up telling you what you want to hear...

it does work really well to degrade your enemies or punish your captives though, which is why it is still used today in places like africa, middle east, asia, and north and south america...

incidentally your question is why torture doesnt work to extract info you don't know, cause the victim always ends up telling you what you want to hear...
Yeah, like they are going to get a lot of information out of maintenance technicians. Iraqi Interrogator, "Okay, dirty American dog, tell me the exact size of dust particle in microns necessary to clog the air intake on an M1 Abrams tank, or I'll blow your head off!"

Necronomicon said:

Maybe they belong to a culture that possesses social mores and a value structure that you cannot begin to comprehend.

Additionally, the HATE us.

necro hit is right on the head. the culture of the midddle east does not work with angelo theory, it never will.

would you consider this war another chapter in crusades??

erik said:

Necronomicon said:

Maybe they belong to a culture that possesses social mores and a value structure that you cannot begin to comprehend.

Additionally, the HATE us.

necro hit is right on the head. the culture of the midddle east does not work with angelo theory, it never will.

would you consider this war another chapter in crusades??

One could replace "Europe" and "Christianity" with "United States" and "Democratic Capitalism" and draw a number of similarities, IMHO.

oh you guys, how little you know about the world. it has nothing to do with hate or moral issues. as you should know irak army was trained and equiped by soviet union. during first part of war in '91 there were still soviet advisors there for about first month of the conflict. so whom do you think soviets used for such training?- specnaz. if you don't know what the fuck i am talking about please read some books by viktor suvorov (real name alexander riezun) and then you'll see the events in the completly different light. it's a standard practice of the specnaz to kill a captured prisoner in front of the others. the usual method would be a shot to the head. and if you read what methods boys from the soviet army used in afganistan then you'll see that actually the guy who gets shot had it easy.

and there is a couple of nice methods of gathering info:

"smile"-cut guys face from ear to ear

tie person to a tree and hit their teeth a couple of times with a metal file

"swift"-having a person in a prone position start bringing their feet toward the head while standing on their chest.

so when i hear some peace protestor complaining about police brutality i just start loughing....

159857-grom3.jpg.e55ad1fd32c008ac0007aa303f84465f.jpg

Edited by glassgowkiss

The elite Spetznaz Special Forces can survive in the most extreme conditions without equipment, food or shelter. They are also trained to fight with their bare hands and use improvised weapons. An ex-Spetznaz commando tells me he knows more than 20 ways to use this shovel for self defense! Forged steel. Powder-coated finish. Hardwood handle. Perfectly balanced for accuracy. In used/very good condition. These can really take a beating. Canvas carrying case with belt loop attachments and leather strap included.

To join the Spetnaz you must be offered an invatation From

the office of special services in moscow. The requierments

are as follows.

1. 15 years in service of any form in the russian military.

2. You must be able to complete the spetznaz obsticle

course.

3. You must not be married.

4.You must have an IQ of 140 or more.

5.You must have combat experince (Does not have to be with

the russian military.).

there are others but theese are the ones i know of.

Edited by glassgowkiss

new extreme fighting challenge

spetznaz vs. SAS vs. JTF2 vs. ninjas vs. whoever else

its the only way to settle the issue aside from a measuring tape.

all these special forces love to promote myths about how tough they are but bullets, napalm, cluster bombs etc. still kill em just as dead as they do 6 yr old Iraqi kids.

catbirdseat said:

the US used to do this (execute prisoners in front of other prisoners) in VietNam, and for all i know, still does whenm TV cameras aren't looking...
Yeah, there's that famous picture of a guy about to get his brains blown away in Life Magazine. The officer was South Vietnamese and the prisoner was a traitor. But it kind of goes to show you, "what goes around comes around".

The pic