NEWS FLASH!!

Necronomicon

AlpineK said:

I've been against this war all along. I'm not as anti as the protestors, but anti none the less.

Since we are now fighting I don't think bitching about the war is usefull. Well maybe if we really fuck up during the war.

Just sit back and watch what happens right now. Maybe they will do something really cool like drop that E bomb.

They say our military is going to do some shit that will "shock and awe" the Iraqi people. Like what? Broadcast Jerry Springer reruns on the Al-Jazeera network or what? Maybe show some pictures of Trask's tennis playing girlfriend? I don't know. confused.gif

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

specialed said:

They say our military is going to do some shit that will "shock and awe" the Iraqi people. Like what? Broadcast Jerry Springer reruns on the Al-Jazeera network or what? Maybe show some pictures of Trask's tennis playing girlfriend? I don't know. confused.gif

!

Perhaps the bombs and missiles are the "shock and awe" part of it? confused.gif

Peter_Puget said:

It has come to my attention that the nefarious and hopelessly confused DFA has been making the following claim: Peter Puget totally eats babies. For real.

I may have tasted a baby or two but I unequivocally deny ever eating one.

PP

bigdrink.gif

Oh, so you're a liar too, now, is that it, Mr. "I thought that's what they meant by 'baby food'"?!

stinkyclimber said:

1) UN Inspections did not work .. those who thought they were working were being fooled by Saddam and his Regime. [/b]

Hans Blix, the guy who would know, disagrees. He has said repeatedly the the inspections were working, that they were making progress.[/b] [/b]

Hans Blix is wrong. Read the resolution and consider the mitigating events. If you're relying on one man to make your point, I can see why I don't understand your reasoning.

2) Resolution 1441, which was signed by every single member of the UN (including France and Russia), CLEARLY OUTLINED the steps necessary to prevent a US Coalition led invasion. Saddam Hussein broke MANY (not just 1) of the regulations put forth in Resolution 1441 ... hence the invasion we are now seeing.[/b]

There are many countries in material breach of UN resolutions, including Israel (Golan Heights), Indonesia (West Papua), and China (Tibet). The US doesn't feel the need to invade them. [/b][/b]

They obviously aren't as big of threats as the current Iraqi regime.

3) We shouldn't need any more reasons beyond #2, but I will provide them because people are having a tough time comprehending.[/b]

See above.[/b][/b]

You too.

4) Saddam has chemical weapons, we have plenty of intelligence that confirms this, and Saddam will use them at any time. Just because we're not invading him doesn't mean he's not going to use them.[/b]

See point #1. He may have them, but the guy in charge of finding them says the inspections were working. In addition, the US has chemical weapons as well as nuclear (and has promised to use nuclear weapons when needed). North Korean has nukes and seems predisposed to using them - clearly a much greater risk in terms of WMD. [/b][/b]

See my rebuttal to your first rebuttal. Hans Blix is wrong. Just because Hans Blix says something doesn't mean it's true. TAKE TIME TO READ THE RESOLUTION AND UNDERSTAND THE MITIGATING EVENTS. Until you do this, you have no business arguing about it. This is why many of the war protesters are being laughed at .. because they're armchair protesters .. a vast majority of them haven't taken the time to follow the issue and are simply going off glamorous opinion (glamorous to their circle of friends). Look at the protesters .. you don't see guys with business suits out there protesting, you see ignorant idiots with "No Blood for Oil" T-Shirts. NO BLOOD FOR OIL???!!! Where did they get this stupid slogan from? This has never ever ever been a reason behind the US led invasion of Iraq .. it HAS been a fabrication of the ignorant and uneducated.

As for the US having chemical weapons and nukes, US doesn't have a long track record of torturing and murdering its citizens and invading neighboring states for no reason.

5) Saddam's people are suffering and cannot speak out publicly to attest to this fact. They will be very thankful after they have been liberated and can lead their lives how they choose without fear of repression or torture from the Iraqi regime. If you don't believe it, wait until the war is over and get back to me.[/b]

That may be true, but it is therefore as true as it was in Rwanda, East Timor, West Papua, Tibet, Nigeria, Zimbabwae, Western Sahara and Zambia - all places as much as or more in need of "liberation", and have been for a MUCH longer time. Yet no US involvement. In many cases, not only has the US not gotten involved, they have obstructed the UN from intervening (Rwanda).[/b][/b]

This is just a positive byproduct of the US invasion of Iraq. The main purpose of invading Iraq is to disarm them, and that has been clearly stated in the President's many addresses to the nation.

You say "These may be hard facts to live with, but it's the truth and the truth hurts sometimes. " I guess so.

Round two .. fight!

03/20 6:55P (DJ)DJ Iraqis Appear To Have Fired Banned Missiles At US Troops

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The very missiles Saddam Hussein fired at U.S. forces

in Kuwait appear to have been the same weapons he either claimed not to

possess or agreed to destroy.

U.S., U.K. and Kuwait military officials said Iraq fired at least three

missiles Thursday - though they differed on how many of them were Scuds.

The first salvos were both a telling sign of Iraq's hidden weapons and a

frightening reminder that Saddam still has the capability to deliver chemical

or biological warheads.

The uncertainty surrounding Iraq's potentially deadly arsenal led U.S.

troops and Kuwaiti citizens to pull out their gas masks and protective suits

when air raid sirens alerted them three times Thursday that missiles were

incoming.

Kuwaiti officials said the first two were Scuds, similar to the ones the

Iraqis fired in the 1991 Gulf War.

The Pentagon described the two as "tactical ballistic missiles" that were

intercepted and destroyed by the PAC-3 Patriot anti-missile system as they

flew toward the Kuwaiti sky at midday Thursday.

A third missile, described by Kuwaiti military officials as the Iraqi Al

Samoud, broke in two and fell near the Kuwaiti border.

Iraq told U.N. inspectors in its December weapons declaration, a copy of

which was shown to an AP reporter, that it no longer had the Scud missiles it

used against Iran in the 1980s and against Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Israel

during the 1991 Gulf War.

At the end of that war, weapons inspectors accounted for all but two Scuds

the Iraqis claimed to have had. But the inspectors believed Iraq could have

been hiding more of the long-range missiles, U.N. officials said. Scuds have

an average range of 188 miles and the Iraqis also modified some to fly up to

375 miles.

U.N. resolutions passed after the Gulf War banned Iraq from having chemical,

biological or nuclear weapons and long-range missiles that flew more than 93

miles.

Despite that prohibition and Iraqi claims of compliance, years of

concealment became evident when Iraq admitted in 1995 that it had weaponized

biological agents such as anthrax, sarin, mustard gas and botulinum toxin and

even managed to fill warheads with some of the agents.

In written reports obtained by AP, the Iraqis told inspectors they decided

not to fire those weapons during the Gulf War because they believed it would

bring on a nuclear attack by the U.S.

Today, the Iraqis maintain they have destroyed all of their weapons of mass

destruction. But inspectors have been unable to verify the claims and the U.S.

and Britain remain convinced that Iraq not only has chemical and biological

weapons but is producing more.

According to Pentagon officials, Iraq fired a missile Thursday toward Kuwait

City at approximately 12:24 p.m., followed by a second one at 1:30 p.m.

On Kuwaiti television, military spokesman Col. Youssef al-Mullah said one of

the Scuds was shot down by three Patriot missiles.

British officials reported a slightly different version of events.

Lt. Col. Ronnie McCourt, a British spokesman at Camp As Sayliyah, identified

just one of the missiles as a Scud.

Al-Mullah described the third missile as an Al Samoud.

Three and a half months ago, Iraq did declare its Al Samoud missile system,

which inspectors later ordered destroyed after test flights indicated the

missile had flown slightly farther than a 93-mile range limit.

The Iraqis complied with the order, and chief inspector Hans Blix reported

that about 70 of the missiles had been destroyed, leaving approximately 30 in

the Iraqi arsenal.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Tomcat, your arguement rests primarily on your conviction that the UN Weapons Inspection Team (not just one guy - hundreds of them) is wrong, and that your GW Bush is right. Regardless of my personal feelings of Bush, it seems to me that that is a pretty limited conviction to go to war. Hardly convincing evidence. Perhaps lack of convincing evidence...but is the abscense of evidence enough to kill a lot of people.

And VeggieBelay's article about "banned missles". Oh no - he has decade-old inaccurate short-range missles that go 200km! That is a threat to the USA? No, that is 10 years worth of vengence, similar to Versailles: "The dude lost the war, so we'll punish him for a decade and not allow him the same armaments that everyone else in the region has". I would feel differently if he had ICBMs or something, but those are short-range missles that Israel might worry about, but then if they do, then THEY should go to war, no?

they just said on the news that a skudd missle was launched at the american troups or kuiate that Suddam is not suposed to have under UN regulations.... so UUUMMMMM maybe the inspercters were not finding something

I hate war war sucks can I go back to living in denial now PLEASE cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

they just said on the news that a skudd missle was launched at the american troups or kuiate that Suddam is not suposed to have under UN regulations.... so UUUMMMMM maybe the inspercters were not finding something

I hate war war sucks can I go back to living in denial now PLEASE cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

"They just said on the news" = translation "CNN just made up some info".

So far Saddam has died and come back to life three times today, and chemical, biological and nuclear weapons have been used and unused several times rolleyes.gif

Wait 6 months before you write your history if you want to know what really happened.

"maybe the inspercters were not finding something"

Actually, the inspectors DID find these...and what's more, they secured the agreement of the Iraqi government to destroy them, AND the Iraqi government actually DID start destroying them. Funny how quickly everyone forgets history, even if it is only a week old.

well anything is possible wink.gif

come on guys... this is horribly sad on all sides. I am a woman... I am crying in the streets. Wether or not the war is JUST I do not know. I supose we wont know, because only history will tell us. But the fact is that people who are our (my perspective) SONS our CHILDREN, HUSBANDS, BROTHERS what have you are in mortal danger trying to do what there comander and cheif is telling them they must do. Yes DFA I am sure ity is much worse in Iraque and I feel the pain and terror of those women too. But at this point it is too late to stop it. The war has begun...I hope saddom gets his ASS KICKED and all our boys come home safe and well.

has anyone heard from Glacierdog??? frown.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

stinkyclimber said:

Tomcat, your arguement rests primarily on your conviction that the UN Weapons Inspection Team (not just one guy - hundreds of them) is wrong, and that your GW Bush is right. Regardless of my personal feelings of Bush, it seems to me that that is a pretty limited conviction to go to war. Hardly convincing evidence. Perhaps lack of convincing evidence...but is the abscense of evidence enough to kill a lot of people.

And VeggieBelay's article about "banned missles". Oh no - he has decade-old inaccurate short-range missles that go 200km! That is a threat to the USA? No, that is 10 years worth of vengence, similar to Versailles: "The dude lost the war, so we'll punish him for a decade and not allow him the same armaments that everyone else in the region has". I would feel differently if he had ICBMs or something, but those are short-range missles that Israel might worry about, but then if they do, then THEY should go to war, no?

Do me a favor .. go read resolution 1441 and, in light of all mitigating circumstances, you tell me if you think the resolution was followed word for word. If not, you can't disagree with my opinion.

Don't try and twist this on me telling me I believe GW Bush -- I do the reading for myself and draw my own conclusions -- something the peace protester crowd is obviously having problems with. My convictions are not influenced by one person, or what one person has said -- I make my own investigations and draw my own conclusions from these investigations. It's this simple. So now you know I've read resolution 1441 and I have seen evidence of Saddam willingly disregarding the resolution, please contest my beliefs with hard facts like I have just done.

come on guys... this is horribly sad on all sides. I am a woman... I am crying in the streets. Wether or not the war is JUST I do not know. I supose we wont know, because only history will tell us. But the fact is that people who are our (my perspective) SONS our CHILDREN, HUSBANDS, BROTHERS what have you are in mortal danger trying to do what there comander and cheif is telling them they must do. Yes DFA I am sure ity is much worse in Iraque and I feel the pain and terror of those women too. But at this point it is too late to stop it. The war has begun...I hope saddom gets his ASS KICKED and all our boys come home safe and well.

has anyone heard from Glacierdog??? frown.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Yes, excellent, lets close our eyes, click our heels and return to Kansas. And let's not concern ourselves with the lives of those other human beings...Iraqi civilians and conscripts. Lets just "kick their ass" and minimize our own suffering.

I cry for everyone over there and won't be happy until EVERYONE stops killing one another in this senseless war...matters not whether they are American, Iraqi, Kuwaiti or British.

stinkyclimber said:

Yes, excellent, lets close our eyes, click our heels and return to Kansas. And let's not concern ourselves with the lives of those other human beings...Iraqi civilians and conscripts. Lets just "kick their ass" and minimize our own suffering.

I cry for everyone over there and won't be happy until EVERYONE stops killing one another in this senseless war...matters not whether they are American, Iraqi, Kuwaiti or British.

How senseless would the idea of this war be had your entire family been wiped out by bilogical weapons at the hand of Saddam Hussein, and the US hadn't acted beforehand to prevent this? Would you be blaming GW Bush for not acting? Would you blame yourself for not acting? Or would you continue to preach peace and love all the while looking past the realities of this new world?