Did anyone climb last weekend?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wind sucked...coulda etched glass w/ me nipples through the t-shirt...following the ladder woulda been a bit faster w/ jumars. neat route, w/ nothing really hard but awesome exposure...the double rope rap off the top of the cave is super wild! also enjoyed the lead out of the cave hellno3d.gif...didn't regret that bit being bolted at all.

ivan said:

climbed at smith too...popping my smith-cherry. still think l-worth is better but smith is a hell of a lot closer...fun time taking me wife's shitty mitsubishi through the passes...weather wasn't too bad but we decided to leave all our warm stuff in the packs at the bottom of monkey face and i got soaked as me partner inched up the bolt ladder on the pioneer route...kept looking out at the sunbreaks far to the west and cursing the wind for not getting the sun here faster mad.gif

all in all, not a bad place...can't imagine the crowds get any smaller come summer

Dude Ivan not to diss but that cherry popping metaphor is just wrong. Actually I guess its a double metaphor since "cherry popping" is a metaphor in itself. But man thats just one expression that should be stricken from english vernacular. Anyway, glad you had a good time at smiff.

I climbed the most heinous death route on mt killyou lattitude 666 longitude 1313 5.14d M12 V420 WI8 A6 and my partner died. Since this is a new route we claim a speed ascent that is untouchable and valid. Although my partner died on the last pitch in an avalanche I summitted and claim victory. Cheers to me I luv myself.

Any naysayers talk to mattp, he'll duke it out for me grin.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

I climbed the most heinous death route on mt killyou lattitude 666 longitude 1313 5.14d M12 V420 WI8 A6 and my partner died. Since this is a new route we claim a speed ascent that is untouchable and valid. Although my partner died on the last pitch in an avalanche I summitted and claim victory. Cheers to me I luv myself.

Any naysayers talk to mattp, he'll duke it out for me grin.gif

Poor Miloshk.