Round Trip Speed Record - NEW - 00:00:51

Dru

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave_Schuldt said:

Here's one for you dru snaf.gif

My posts got pulled too, oh well, not worth getting excited though.

FLAME ON!!

berserkins only pulled them after i pointed out yours were as much spray as mine via PM so i guess you can blame me

vegetablebelay said:

Alas, my contribution was pulled too. I guess the only thing acceptable would be pages and pages of "show us the proof!" rolleyes.gif

and replies from Dan's avatars saying "gauthier believed us so it must be true" yellaf.gif

Dru, you are full of horsecock. You are right that there is lots of spray in that thread, but that does not imply, as you suggest, that the entire thing is worthless. And as I already told you, there are lots of readers who find it interesting, even though some have complained about what they see as the unnecessary spray and personal attack. You say that if I had balls I would delete the whole thing -- but would that be a show of balls or would it just a show of complete arbitrariness to the point of absurdity (to erase a discussion that in fact may have been much more important in terms of NW climbing history than 90% of what is current on this bulleting board just because a small handful of posters don't know how to follow the rules).

You dismissively ask "what sort of evidence is going to come forth now?" I don't know the answer to that but I can assure you that the discussion there is completely dead if we simply write the thread off as another "Muir on Saturday" and ship it Spray or delete it entirely, or if it degenerates into nothing but another quest for page tops and a contest to see who can post the crudest picture and get away with it. Is there anything more to say on the topic? I don't know. Does anybody else know anything about the matter? Maybe. If there is some measure of moderation to the discussion on this board, there is some chance that we might make a further contribution to the issue here.

Lastly, I will admit that I have not been consistent in my attempts to moderate the route reports forums. One reason is that I simply don't have time to read every post and weigh it against the rules and then, if a post seems out of line, to figure out how to cleanly remove it and still leave other posts making sense. I know its sad, but the fact is that I have other things to do in my life besides babysit this board. Another reason I may not be consistent is because the rules are not clear: with regard to deviations from the topic in the route reports forum, for example, I explained that it is generally agreed that a couple of posts off-topic are OK, but when it grows to most of a page that is merely spray, it doesn't belong; or with regard to personal insults, we have stated that threats will not be tolerated and gratuitous insults do not belong in the route reports section but there is no clear line between what is a gratuitous insult and a complaint about someone's personality flaw. You and some of the other posters on this site find it amusing to play games with these issues, testing the moderators to see just how much you can get away with. And you know what? It gets annoying. So yes, if you keep playing games with me, I will very likely get arbitrary on you and delete posts that aren't really all that offensive.

Yesterday, I sent you at least three private messages asking you to stop with the pissing match. And you kept at it, eventually enlisting your avatars because (presumably) you though I wouldn't know it was you. Maybe you don't have any respect for the "speed record" thread or those who have participated in it. But some folks around here do.

Veggie-

My apologies, but what I saw happening there was that the thread was about to be completely abandoned for nothing but spray. I could either ship the entire mess to spray, close the thread, or try to erase a few posts and send a message. I tried to take the pruning sheers to it in an evenhanded manner. Honest I did.

mattp said:

you are full of horsecock. . . the entire thing is worthless. . . unnecessary spray and . . . if I had balls I would . . . be a show of balls or . . . absurdity . . . in . . . this bulleting board just because a small handful of . . . dismissively . . . dead . . . degenerates . . .

the crudest picture . . . Is . . . anything . . . that we might make. . . besides . . . personal insults, . . .amusing to play games with these . . . moderators to see just how . . . annoying. . . you . . . really . . . offensive. . . pissing match. . . .

My apologies,

bigdrink.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

moderation sucks here for some time now. you moderators are so suck.

My only contributions here will mostly be hateful. To post anything else is too controversial and according to most out of line smirk.gif

excepting fake claims of rainier speed ascents that should be preserved so more avatars can claim they witnessed the ascent but no avatars can post pictures of snafflehounds snaf.gif

Dru said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

moderation sucks here for some time now. you moderators are so suck.

My only contributions here will mostly be hateful. To post anything else is too controversial and according to most out of line smirk.gif

excepting fake claims of rainier speed ascents that should be preserved so more avatars can claim they witnessed the ascent but no avatars can post pictures of snafflehounds snaf.gif

Yeah the moderators just want to make it -A message board for their own views on politics or any other subject including the one you just mentioned for instance.