WINTER STORM WATCH

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ski_photomatt said:

minx - as a kid, my brother skied an entire week at Steamboat with his arm in a sling after dislocating his shoulder the first day shocked.gif he was about middle school age. I'll certainly be riding the lifts at Alpental Thursday. Will anyone else be up there?

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif you just made my whole day! Yeah alpental too on Thurs. Stupid conveniently located ski lifts...why can't stevens or crystal be closer?

minx said:

ski_photomatt said:

minx - as a kid, my brother skied an entire week at Steamboat with his arm in a sling after dislocating his shoulder the first day shocked.gif he was about middle school age. I'll certainly be riding the lifts at Alpental Thursday. Will anyone else be up there?

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif you just made my whole day! Yeah alpental too on Thurs. Stupid conveniently located ski lifts...why can't stevens or crystal be closer?

move

How much snow do you want? Stevens has 6" since 8am, Baker 9" in the last 24 hrs. Snoqualmie had a little trouble getting it below freezing earlier today but is kicking it in now with 3" at the pass. At 4000ft they have the same as Stevens I'm sure. 6" in 8hrs at Stevens is 18" in 24 hrs or a 100% certified dump by tomorrow night. laugh.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif

I thought this was interesting so I'll post it. This storm is a little unusual in that it isn't a low pressure developing over the eastern pacific and moving inland. Instead, a low moved down from Alaska and is sitting over British Columbia somewhere. A high is parked in the Pacific and the two are in fortunate position relative to each other and forming a "conveyer" belt of moisture, sending it straight into Washington and Oregon. The satellite picture is total water vapor, green = wet.

wv.gif