thursday night pub club or krawl?

gapertimmy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, wait a second... ehmmic may be attempting strongarm tactics (but I think it's an honest mistake wink.gif )

Are we meeting at the Wedgewood Ale House or the Wedgewood Broiler?

The Ale House is a pretty non descript pub (good beer, clean taps, decent food.)

The Broiler is a very cool "lounge" with dark ambiance and a family eatery attached to it. I think this is the original place suggested and the one that Mattp and Col. von Spanker scoped out and referred to.

The Broiler's address is

Wedgewood Broiler

8230 35th Ave NE

Seattle WA (206) 523-1115

bigdrink.gif

Edited by Toast

AlpenTom said:

I think we were originally discussing the Broiler, but then someone brought up the Alehouse. I'm pretty indifferent since I live in the neighborhood and I haven't been to either. Whatever choice is made, the beer will taste good. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Okay, Tom. Since you live in the neighborhood you decide and we'll show up. Just please post the final address so we can figure out how to get there.

But I'm so indecisive!

They're both on 35th Ave NE within blocks of each other on opposite sides of the street. The Wedgewood Broiler is in the same village as QFC, a little Video Store, and Homestreet Bank (about 85th & 35th). The Alehouse is about 5 blocks North on 35th Ave NE on the West side of the street (a little place that you may miss if you blink).

That alehouse looks small from the front .. I wonder if we can squeeze all of us climbers in that place? I'll head down there in a few and scope out both places and post back on this thread by about 1PM and I'll give you the full TR.

I have had good and bad experiences with ATTBI in my three years using their service. Yet, I still haven't been switched over to Comcast. I have found, recently, that using the online chatroom type of service to make inquiries has been easy for me. Using the telephone for this is usually not as good. I've had one modem go out and a few other problems (a billing error for one that they just WOULD NOT fix no matter how many time I called and complained about it; essentially, they billed me twice for one month). I have noticed outtages have been greatly reduced. But, you know, for every new customer that signs up, the slower the connection becomes; but it's minute and depends on locality. For sure, even then, it's still 100 times faster than wireline connections. You'll never go back to wireline.

mattp said:

Had you been there last night, you could have met the fathers of cc.com for the real story...

jontim.JPG

jon and tim

If I had known about it, I probably would have come....but alas, no internet connectin at home meant I spent the evening at home drinking with my cat instead. bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif