two more overdue climbers

king5news

I think the problem with this poster named King5news is that it is just one person in the company who does not speak for the whole of the company. It would be nice if this poster had a name. You're not Jeff Renner are you? And heaven forbid if you're the curly redhead.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Necronomicon said:

Yay.

After unsuccessfully looking for a dead snowboarder buried up at Baker for a whole day, I had the pleasure, in the parking lot, of having a camera stuck in my face. Sees as KING5 et al were in the parking lot to report on the great weather and skiing conditions and just happened to be there during the search. When the anorexic "blonde" with the pancake make-up asked me if I could point her in the direction of any family members of the then still unlocated deceased individual, I lost it proceeded to tear into her for a good fifteen minutes.

You "News Reporters" are nothing but vultures, as far as I'm concerned. In addition to picking carrion, you aslo serve the public by culturing fear and ignorance, spreading misery, and exploiting human suffering to make money through your sponsors. Whenever I see your vans in my town, with your aspirations of "going national", I am always correct in assuming that something bad is happening, and you don't say a thing around here until someone goes missing or gets killed, as far as I can tell.

By the way, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but do yourself a favor and find a more respectable line of work, one where you can use your talents to help people, rather than expolit them. And tell your bosses to fuck off for me, if you could. I think they suck.

Can't argue with that.

I spoke with one of skiers involved in the avalanche at Crystal, and he was grateful that the folks were able to respect their privacy and keep away the pack of baying news hounds.

I don't watch King 5 News. hellno3d.gif

It sucks.

klenke said:

I think the problem with this poster named King5news is that it is just one person in the company who does not speak for the whole of the company. It would be nice if this poster had a name. You're not Jeff Renner are you? And heaven forbid if you're the curly redhead.

Yes, I'm a behind the scenes person -- one of the people who decides which stories we cover. Yes, I have auburn hair -- but, I can only WISH that it were curly. I have to pay for that! No, I'm not JF. cool.gif

(iain) sorry I took so long to respond. busy weekend.

unfortunately I can only assign stories. I can't force reporters to act reasonably or ethically. I can honestly say this is the most reasonable and ethical outfit I've worked for (and there have been several.) I know for some that ain't saying much -- but if they ever experienced the difference they'd probably kiss my feet!

we're trying to do a better job when it comes to covering overdue/missing climbers AND hikers (recognizing there's a difference.) hopefully you'll be patient with us. (and invite us to a pub visit sometime!) bigdrink.gif

Edited by king5news

king5news said:

(hopefully you'll be patient with us. (and invite us to a pub visit sometime!) bigdrink.gif

king5news said:

Yes, I'm a behind the scenes person. Yes, I have auburn hair -- but, I can only WISH that it were curly. I have to pay for that cool.gif

i think they are hitting on us!!!!

fruit.gifyelrotflmao.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Yes, Erik, I believe you are correct. They is hittin' on us climbin' fools. However, I would like to dispell a rumor: we climbers do not wear our climbing harnesses to pub club. That won't happen until they make a harness that holds beer glasses or bottles. bigdrink.gif

K5N: If you want to hit on some climbers in person, you can do this at Pub Club tomorrow night (see thread regarding this on bulletin board). Consider this a pub club invite. bigdrink.gif

klenke said:

Yes, Erik, I believe you are correct. They is hittin' on us climbin' fools. However, I would like to dispell a rumor: we climbers do not wear our climbing harnesses to pub club. That won't happen until they make a harness that holds beer glasses or bottles. bigdrink.gif

K5N: If you want to hit on some climbers in person, you can do this at Pub Club tomorrow night (see thread regarding this on bulletin board). Consider this a pub club invite. bigdrink.gif

We don't wear our climbing harnesses to pub club, however a dress code (as exeplified in this visual aid) is strictly enforced

thumb4.jpg

Okay, K5N, but no cameras, no reporters, and no notepads please. At pub club, we talk climbing shop...but not to strangers. And if you lurk, we'll know it. Those beady white eyes looking on from shadowy nooks cannot escape our notice...unless the beer bong is being passed around. grin.gif

king5news said:

allison said:

We ladies of Pub Club have a saying:

"The odds are good, but the goods are odd." hahaha.gif

you don't know ODD 'til you work with the media! Now THAT'S odd!!!

there is a fine line between pure evil and just plain odd