Action Against a War

sexual_chocolate

For those of you who feel it imperative to let your voices be heard, February 15 offers a great chance to do this.

There will be a Protest March from Seattle Center to the INS, starting at 1 pm. A rally will be held at 12 pm, prior to the march.

More info. (Just scroll to the bottom of the page!)

Hope to see everyone who doesn't agree with the current state of affairs. Cheers! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for solving problems without killing the people we have the problem with. But when they won't even talk straight at the bargaining table, there comes a point when you have to draw the line. We did that more than a decade ago, and since then, Iraq has been stepping across it, drawing a new one and swearing it didn't. When is the time to act? After some city turns into a smoking crater and the rest of the world can no longer deny that Saddam is dangerous and unpredictable? I don't have access to all the intelligence supporting a war, but I think that common sense prevails here. The time for talk is over. Diplomacy has failed, ladies and gents, it's now time to look to the healing power of brute force. wazzup.gif

While you're all together, why don't you brainstorm a good alternative? Maybe you can change the minds of the masses of nations and terrorist organizations who would love to see you all die in flames.

Yeah... we could try to convince them that martyring themselves will not result in spending eternity in Paradise, being fed honeyed cakes by 67 virgins in a tree-lined garden.

We'd have as much luck with that as convincing the Shrub that a war with Iraq is a bad idea.

While you're all together, why don't you brainstorm a good alternative? Maybe you can change the minds of the masses of nations and terrorist organizations who would love to see you all die in flames.

Yeah... we could try to convince them that martyring themselves will not result in spending eternity in Paradise, being fed honeyed cakes by 67 virgins in a tree-lined garden.

We'd have as much luck with that as convincing the Shrub that a war with Iraq is a bad idea.

I was being sarcastic. Thanks for backing my point.

There will be a PRO Military rally in Tacoma on Saturday from 10am to 1pm on the I-5 overpass just outside the Fort Lewis gate. I think I'll stop by with my kids and show my support for our military. Care to stop by, Sexual Chocolate?

Note: It is not a pro-war rally. Just a way to show our armed forces that civilians who support their hard work and patriotism far outnumber those that don't.

These protests might have a greater impact if people didn't dress like clowns,

chant boring overused slogans (especially those beginning with "hey, hey, ho, ho"),

hang signs on their kids ("toddlers against imperialist US policy", and like this kid here really understands the issues rolleyes.gif), and generally make a foolish spectacle.

1026-07.jpg

Also, people protesting cheese importation, the globalization of Starbucks, and a dozen other borderline causes should be asked to have their own parade so as not to lessen the focus.

starbucksmay26_2.JPG

And one more thing.....the giant street puppets.....it's old now....and it adds to a carnival-like atmosphere. Here's an example:

photo34d.jpg

If you're going to do your march, take it seriously...and maybe others will take you seriously.

And by the way...if you block the freeway or perform some other obstructionist act...you are losing more potential sympathizers than gaining (and endangering lives as well).

hippies.jpg

And for some of you younger folk, who look up to the '60's as some sort of golden romantic age.....it wasn't. If you go to a march for the "romance", you're they're for the wrong reasons.

I won't be there; it ain't might thing. but good luck anyway. What a country!

Edited by Dwayner

"Saturday Night Live" did a couple of GREAT parodies last weekend.

One was an anti-war protest where the participants couldn't decide precisely what they stood for and began arguing amongst themselves...anti war, gay rights, pro choice, anti globalization, etc.

The second was set at the UN general assembly. A Colin Powell look-alike had just finished his presentation on Iraqi arms violations when the Germans and French responded by passing motions and arguing over which "outrageously expensive restaurant" they should have luch at on the UN dime. Then, argued over how many UN stretch limos' they would need to get there.

Hilarious!

I don't normally take pot shots.... but...

Dwayner, you are the most despicable cynic I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Please seek counseling and salvage the twilight years of your festering life before it's too late.

Sexual Chocolate, Dr Flash, J_B (not to be confused with "JayB"),Matt Heller, and E-Rock.....

These folks represent the world according to Seattle!

Dwayner=a voice of reason in a sea of blame US first whiners.