alpental

Alasdair

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alasdair - When you get back do me a favor and post or pm me if there is any ice and what the snow conditions are like. Thinking about climbing in the Snoqualmie Alps tomorrow but would appreciate the beta if the conditions are crappy. i'd favor Index granite over a wallow fest in bad snow. Thanks

The fuggin sucks. I'm going to lake tahoe this weekend as a present from my GF. I know, I shouldn't complain, but it's my luck it's on a weekend that would perfect for alpine around here. Why couldn't it be one of the many many weekends where it was raining up to 8000 feet!?!? madgo_ron.gif

There is nothing down low... obviously. But... There was considerable ice formations on rock areas higher. Anything facing north seemed to have alot of ice. For example all of the rock cliffs on the right side of the shoot up to the tooth were totally covered in relatively thick ice. This could make for some good mixed climbing. I Think that anything steep on north aspects will have a pretty good covering of ice. It looks like there has actually been pretty good conditions up there for the formation of ice routes. I could see N face of Snoqualmie and it looked like it could be in. Not just a little but fairly fat. I am almost positive that the NE slabs route on the tooth is in. I have no idea on chair peak.